Chapter 13- Helpless Love

A/N: For this chapter, I think that Ariana's "Boyfriend" song should fit in well :)

Ariella's POV

I stared at the sky while I was deep in my thoughts.

Today marks my fourth month working as a part-time staff in the hospital.

Damn, how fast time flies while we are in the midst of catching up and chasing the momentum of the world.

It was until then when someone gave my shoulder a light tap. I turned around to see a smiling colleague, Kenneth, looking straight at me.

"A penny in your thought, Ariella?" Kenneth said, passing a can of fruit juice to me.

"Nothing much, actually." I said, opening the can of fruit juice before taking a sip of it.

"Then shall I guess?" Kenneth said, continuing the conversation.

"Sure."

"I supposed that today marks your fourth month as a part-time staff member here... So, which means that you have 2 more months before you make the official decision whether you want to commit as a full-time staff member here." Kenneth said, causing me to look at him with a surprised look.

"What-How... Like How-"

"I remembered the first day you entered here, right into this very hospital. I must say that it was pretty iconic, you know." Kenneth said, holding in his laughter while I buried my embarrassed face with my hands.

"I seriously cannot believe that you remembered that, Kenneth." I finally said, after regaining a little of my composure from the sudden embarrassment.

"Okay! Okay! On a serious note, I seriously can't remember the full details on your first day though... But I remembered because I had asked you before, like during our break."

"Right."

"But hey, look at how far you have come! From a clueless part-time staff to a competent part-time staff filled with compassion!" Kenneth complimented before taking another sip of his drink.

"Well, it all goes to you, my helpful senior." I said, directing my hands towards him while I applauded.

"Thank you, thank you. I would like to make a thank you speech to-"

"Well there we go again, another dramatic speech from you." I laugh, causing Kenneth to laugh along with me.

After that, our conversations were filled with laughter, and even more laughter that echoed through the background.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Now it will be another person's POV

~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler's POV

I was walking through the hospital garden until I heard a familiar laughter that echoed along. It was the kind of laughter that I would never forget and immediately recognize.

Ariella.

She must be somewhere around here, perhaps talking and laughing with her friends since she has been working here as a part-time staff member, according to Abigail's (aka Queen Bee) so-called friend.

I followed the laughter and soon found myself looking at Ariella's back view.

I was about to approach her when another person, or perhaps I should say, a guy caught my attention and made me stop in my tracks.

Who is he?

Why is he talking and laughing so happily with Ariella?

What are they talking about?

Questions like these raced through my mind as I observed the both of them from afar, behind a tree.

As I continue to watch the both of them interacting with one another, the more my heart aches and the more unhappy I feel, or perhaps I should say jealousy and anger increase within me.

But who am I to even get jealous or mad?

I used to have it all with her, but I left her hanging because of my own inferiority.

I felt that invisible distance between us, where she was always shining bright while I was hiding in the dark. I had this fear that I would drag her down and that she would get bored of me, as such I made that foolish yet heartbreaking decision -- which was to leave her hanging and get together with the Queen Bee, hoping that she would completely give up on us.

I was wrong to think of that, but I was silently cheering for us when she tried to fight for us. But it was all too late when I realized that she was tired of fighting for us, and that there is no one, except myself to blame.

It was until then when I overheard her conversation with Ella, which gave me hope.

As such, I am going to switch my role with her. I am going to fight for us now.

I am not going to give up on us when I know that I am still in love with her, and she, still in love with me -- even though she has denied it several times, with her body language betraying her.

I continued to stay behind the tree until that guy left Ariella, because I wanted to make sure that the guy did not do anything funny to her since she is the only woman I have ever loved. Like real hard. There is no way that I am going to let anyone hurt Ariella on my watch.

It was as though I was practically living through the saying which says, "When you truly love a woman, you will do anything for her, even if it means that you will protect her from afar, without her knowing at all".

The reason for that is that I have that helpless love for Ariella.

And I, Tyler Hood, have no complaints over that matter.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey there everyone! I AM FINALLY BACKKK!!!!

My sincere thousand apologies for not updating this often since I was REALLY tied down over the past months.... But here is the long-awaited chapter of Reloving Us Again! 

Hope this chapter will bring you some warmth over the weekends!

SOOO... What do you guys think of Tyler's shocking revelation of his separation with Ariella? Feel free to share your thoughts / feelings in the comments below!

Thank you for reading, always!

Love, J.