Chapter 6- Worth

Ariella's POV

These past days were a torture to me. If I were to use one word to describe it, I would say bitter. Like what have I ever done to receive one, such treatment from Tyler a few years back, and two, a rude shock in my life when Tyler decided to crash back into my life as though nothing had happened when in fact, things happened.

It was just that no one ever communicated to each other about this. Like I tried communicating to Tyler before, but he was not even alert or perhaps, not wanting to even see or notice my cues in wanting to TALK to him about us.

I am seriously regretting my decision to come to school today. But deep down, I know that I cannot afford to miss out on an important lab lesson today since the skills teacher will be touching on the skills to be tested during our skills assessment weeks.

Besides, my parents would be mad if I ever skipped school without any valid reasons, especially when children like us have the opportunity to study in a comfortable environment while others around us may not.

Just as the quote from my mother, "Treasure the type of environment and opportunity you are given to study as there might be others who may not be at the same starting point like us."

Thanks mom for the constant reminder playing in my head when I seriously do not have the motivation to even attend today's class.

Needless to say, I am not mentally prepared to see Tyler again, especially from our last encounter at my home.

And apparently, my parents are not aware about this since they are currently working overseas, leaving both my siblings and I at home to fend for ourselves over these 2 weeks.

"Ariellaaaaaa!!!!" Ella voice echoed through the hallway once she saw me. She frantically waved her hand at me, while making her way through quickly.

"Hey Ella."

"HEY! How are you feeling from the last encounter from you-know-who?" Ella said, expressing her concern as she looked over to me.

"Never been better or worse. Still in rude shock, I guess."

"That douchebag should really know how to stop making your life miserable... Should I deal with him for you by perhaps burying him alive?" Ella said, glaring at Tyler's direction as both him and the Queen Bee entered the lab room.

"You know, I would rather us to ignore him than having to see you ending up in some prison if you were to bury him alive. It makes no sense and it is definitely a waste of energy." I said, looking away from Tyler's direction.

"Indeed, wise words from Ariella. But you know what, no promises on what I am going to do to him if he ever pesters you again." Ella said, looking at my direction.

"More like what I am going to do to him." I replied, folding my arms.

"That's my best friend over there. Glow up as a form of revenge to tell this douchebag that you know your worth and it was his freaking loss for leaving you."

"Besides, you know... I could perhaps introduce some nice guy friends that I know of.. If you are interested in looking for a guy- I mean BOYFRIEND to rely on." Ella said, emphasising on the word BOYFRIEND as soon as Tyler and the Queen Bee walked passed.

"What was that for, Ella? Care to explain?" I said, narrowing my eyes at her once both Tyler and Queen Bee are no longer in sight.

"Obviously making known to the douchebag that you still and will have some guys to chase after you." Ella said, showing the "I am serious, you got the looks" look on her face.

"Besides, did you see his expression earlier? Damn, he looked as though he was ready to retort back at me but sadly, he is stuck with the Queen Bee." Ella said, folding her arms in satisfaction since she got the reaction she wanted from Tyler.

Needless to say, I noticed Tyler's eyes widened a little upon hearing the word BOYFRIEND as he attempted to keep his calm composure as he walked past us with the Queen Bee linking her arm into his earlier.

"I wonder how Tyler is going to regret once you have found your Mr Right... Karma will be biting him so hard till then and damn, I cannot wait to see when that happens. Oh yes! With that said, remind me to bring some popcorn to enjoy the scene." Ella said, giving a satisfied closed smile, causing her eyes to become slightly smaller.

"And I can tell that you are clearly enjoying this don't you?" I said, looking at her as I rolled my eyes.

"A hundred percent YES from me!"

"And a hundred percent NO from me."

"Why not?" Ella frowns, looking at me in disbelief.

"I am not ready... Like for a new relationship. The scar from the previous relationship was too deep for me and I have not fully recovered from it too."

"Hey, I understand. But sometimes, you need to get out of that enclosed space you have created in order for someone to break down those walls. Like damn, it has been a few years...

Besides, your worth does not come from Tyler freaking Hood. It is within you. You, and the one above know your worth. That is all that matters.

But with that said, I do know that sometimes, Time is all that we need to move on right? So, give yourself some time and space to move on."

"Could not agree with you more than that, Ella." 

"So I guess, it is Ariella 1, Ella 1 this time?" Ella asked, causing me to smile and roll my eyes at her while Ella wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Oh yes, that is absolutely right, Victoria Ella Johnson." 

"Of course, I am always right." Ella laughs as we proceed to enter our lab classroom since it is time for our class to start .

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey there fellow reader! And that's it for another chapter of Reloving Us Again! How did you guys think of this chapter? Please feel free to comment your thoughts below!! Apologies if any of you guys find this chapter a short one :( 

And yes! A special shoutout and thank you to you for giving this book / chapter a read! :)

Also, a special reminder to everyone reading this author's note: Know your worth! Your worth is NEVER defined by what others perceived / think of you!!

Have a blessed day everyone!

Love, J.