Chapter 4- Coincidental Bumping

Ariella's POV

"Okay Ella, you can stop dragging me along now. We are really far from Tyler." I said, laughing at Ella since she literally dragged me to the middle of the school.

"That Tyler did not follow us right?" Ella said, glancing around to ensure that Tyler was nowhere in sight.

"Nope, not at all." I assured her once she had stopped looking around to spot for Tyler.

"Good. Otherwise, I would literally have shouted at him here. That guy should really know that we, especially me, are not someone to be messed with. Not when he bullies my best friend." Ella said, looking really pissed from the thought of Tyler alone.

"Thank you." I mustered the courage I have within me as I gave her a sincere look.

"For what?" Ella said, looking at me with a puzzled look as she returned a closed smile.

"For stepping in for me, when I could almost... could not... face..." I paused, not wanting to bring that name up who has brought so much misery to me over the past years.

"Hey hey Ariella!! It's fine with me! It was only right and natural for me to step in for you, 'cause that is what a best friend will do." Ella smiles, giving me a light pat on the shoulder, assuring me that she is alright with dealing with Tyler for me and reminding me once more that I am her best friend, and she is mine.

"I could not imagine what I would ever do or even survive in this school without you." I said, in all due honesty coming out from my mouth.

"And so am I. Especially when I am struggling to stay mentally sane in this school."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, so let's start our group meeting!" One of my group members said, gathering our attention once everyone arrived at the usual spot in the library.

"What are our objectives for this group meeting?" Another member asked, taking out her laptop from her bag as I followed suit.

"I guess it is more of completing one of our modules group presentation slides, since our group presentation is the following week."

"Is it the one on psycho- I mean, sociology?" That same member asked, while some of the other members munch on their food.

Talks about students munching their food in the library again. Oh woops.

"That's correct." The group leader answered as we began our group discussion in the library, hoping to finish our slides as soon as possible .

~~~~~~~~~~

"And I guess we are done with our presentation slides!" The group leader claps cheerfully as she announces the completion of our presentation slide and concludes the end of our meeting.

Finally after spending two hours in the library for my group meeting, we are finally done. Thank goodness as I could feel my eyelids turning heavy as each minute went by.

I quickly pack my bag and send a quick text to Ella to tell her that I am done with my group meeting so that we can meet at our usual place to head back together.

Me: Hey Ella, I am done with my group meeting. Are you ready to leave school?

Ella: Hi Ariella. I am still not done with my group meeting :( Are you able to stay in school to wait for me?

Me: Sure, of course. I will be waiting for you at our usual place then :) Meanwhile, do you need me to buy any food or drink and deliver it to you, like right now?

Ella: Oh my gosh, a hundred percent yes!!! Can you help me buy a cup of iced chocolate latte from our school east wing canteen? I am literally dying here :(

Me: Sure! Then I guess I will deliver it at your usual place for your group's meeting right?

Ella: Yup. Thanks Ariella!!! Love you bestie! <3

Me: HAHA you're welcome, bestie! :) Much love for you too!

I put my phone in my right pants pocket once I realized that I had reached the school's east wing canteen. Then, I headed to the drinks stall to purchase a cup of iced chocolate latte for Ella. After waiting for a short while, the cup of iced chocolate latte was done and I headed to the usual place to deliver Ella her much needed cup of iced chocolate latte to perk her up.

"Here you go, Ella! Your much needed cup of iced chocolate latte delivered by your delivery woman here." I said, putting that cup on the table, in front of her.

"Oh my goodness! A million thanks Ariella, for delivering my cup of iced chocolate latte!!" Ella exclaimed excitedly once she noticed the cup of iced chocolate latte in front of her.

Needless to say, Ella immediately takes that cup and begins drinking down that cup of chocolate latte, as an attempt to perk herself up.

"I will see you a bit later at our usual place. Bye!" I said, taking my leave as soon as I delivered Ella her drink, so that she can continue on with her group meeting.

~~~~~~~~~~

Just as I was walking towards our usual place, I soon found myself facing an obstacle, or perhaps I should say, a human standing and smiling brightly in front of me.

"Jason?" I said, looking rather puzzled to see him in school since class has ended way long ago.

"Yes, it is I, Jason Edward Smith at your service." Jason said in an amusing tone, causing me to let out a smile at his sentence.

"Anyway, why are you still in school? Didn't our lecture class end long ago?"

"Well yes. But there is this thing called group meetings for group assignments right?" Jason said, giving me the 'you know there are group assignments' expression.

"I see... Well, good luck on that I guess?" I said, folding my arm subconsciously.

"Thanks Ariella. Then what about you? Why are you still in school?" Jason directed the same question back to me.

"Same reason as you. Well, maybe apart from that I have ended mine not long ago..." I shrugged, giving me an awkward smile.

"Wow.. such coincidental bumping here don't we, although we had just met earlier..." Jason said, using his hands to gesture at us having that coincidental bumping at this unexpected timing.

"Well, you are not wrong to say that too..." I said, smiling at him as I continued to fold my arm.

"I know it sounds creepy, but do you have the habit of folding your arm when you talk?" Jason said, noticing my gestures.

"Oh! Well... Kind of I would say." I said as I awkwardly unfold my arms and put them by my side.

"I see, kind of guessed it since I noticed that is what you usually do when talking to people." Jason said, scrutinizing my each look and action.

That is really observant of him, considering that we barely know each other.

"Well, I guess I shall not hold you back further. Have a safe trip home, Ariella." Jason said, giving me a warm smile as I returned the smile to him.

"You too, Jason." 

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: And that is it for Chapter 4! Sincere apologies for the long wait! Well, it is not much of a thriller chapter but I do hope that you guys still enjoyed reading this chapter, since it is pretty much a chapter to spin off the next chapter that I am about to share with you guys soon! :) Stay tune till then!

Also, do remember to read the image attached above! :) My message for this chapter goes out to all group leaders and members, which is to start the group meeting with a goal in mind as that could really help in facilitating group discussions!!

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Love, J.