Chapter 9- Girls' Talk

Ariella's POV

"Damn Ariella! I still cannot believe that out of the many guys that we can meet, we still cross our paths with Tyler Hood!" Ella said in disbelief as we made our way to our seats in the nearby fast food chain restaurant.

"Me too, Ella. Me too." I followed, pulling back my chair to sit.

"But do you think that Tyler might have staged this whole big hoo-ha incident? Just so that he could be our- no wait, YOUR knight in shining armor?" Ella said, tapping her nails on the table as she seemed to be in deep thoughts.

"Well, I have the same feeling as you initially, but I highly doubt it." I concluded.

I mean, who could have thought that I would have gone to such a place with Ella when most of our classmates knew that I am the kind of person who definitely prefers Netflix over Parties.

"What makes you think so?" Ella said, giving me that skeptical look on her face.

"I mean, if you recall the moment I had eye contact with Tyler earlier, did you see his expression? He seemed shocked to see me in that place, of the many places that I could have gone instead." I said, casually dipping my fries in ketchup.

"Well, that seems kind of make sense to me at this moment but seriously though, if he knew that you were going there with me, that would have been his moment to shine in front of you, which he kind of did too." Ella followed, dipping her fries in chili sauce.

"Oh yes! Did you also notice that he was practically staring at our direction, more particularly YOU for the most of the time after that whole eye contact moment?" Ella emphasizes before going for another bite of her burger.

"Really?" I said, as I attempt to take a bite of the restaurant's best-selling nuggets of all time.

"Yeah.... But that was not the first time though."

"What do you mean?" I said, taking a sip of my M & M milkshake that would have cost like 12 bucks if I had not ordered it with a burger set meal.

It is like I could have brought at least 2 burgers with that money. Damn.

"It is nothing much actually. It would be better if you are not aware of that since I got the feeling that you would be uncomfortable once I have said it." Ella waves it off, hoping that I would stop probing it further.

Needless to say, I was already getting interested in the direction where our conversation is heading. I mean, if there is anything that concerns me and Tyler, I would be interested because I do not want to get myself involved in his so-called affairs.

"Come on! Spill the tea, Ella. It is not very nice of you to leave your best friend hanging from the conversation that you have started on." I pressed on, hoping to get at least something out of it from Ella.

Ella refused for a short while before finally giving in to my persistence.

They say, Persistence is one of the ways to succeed. And I guess that worked on me, right now.

"Well, let's just say that I have been noticing and catching Tyler red-handed for stealing glances at you whenever you are not looking." Ella said, putting down her burger on the table as she looked at me with a serious look.

"Uh-huh... And then?" I said, wanting her to continue the conversation so that I could really know what is going on right now.

"What do you mean by 'and then'?! It seemed as though from my own perspective, he is really serious about winning your heart back, to start afresh with you again."

"Oh." That was all I could ever say because I was caught off guard this time.

"But not to worry about that because I have warned Tyler to stop and back off, especially when I have warned him that if anything ever happens to you, he would be the first one that I will be looking for." Ella said, giving me a reassuring smile that I immediately reciprocated back.

"Thanks Ella. But yeah, I was not going to give second thoughts about that incident and everything you have told me about since I am not ready to open up my heart to anyone at the moment, and more so Tyler when he broke me first." I said, sipping on my milkshake once more since I realized that my throat was getting dry from all the conversations we had.

"Are you sure about that?" Ella said, with her eyes staring deep into mine, as if she was trying to read my mind.

"A hundred percent yes. Just that I am planning to send a thank you text to Tyler later for his help later. What do you think?" I said, dipping my fries in ketchup again.

"I say, that would do it if that makes you better from feeling indebted to Tyler."

~~~~~~~~~~

Once I got home, I took a short warm bath before lying on my bed, staring at the wall. It seems as though Ella's words had been echoing in my head about Tyler.

A few years had passed but still, every single time when I had only heard the name "Tyler", it still gives me butterflies in my stomach and it is enough to get my stomach twisted.

"Get a grip of yourself, Ariella Elise Hudson." I said, pulling myself out in time before I got caught up with the past memories both Tyler and I used to share.

I got up from my bed to take my phone on the study table and began typing away.

Me: Hey Tyler, thanks for your help earlier.

I was about to put my phone back on the study table when my phone message notification alarm sounded.

Tyler: No worries Elise. I was glad that I was there to help you. Sleep tight.

A smile unknowingly made its way on my face when I read the message from Tyler. I immediately stopped myself upon realizing that.

It was then when I realized something within me was there all along when I thought that I had long lost it, from the moment Tyler left me.

"Ariella Elise Hudson, you need to get away from Tyler." It was all I could ever say to myself as I looked at myself in the mirror.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey there everybody!! And that is the end for another chapter of Reloving Us Again! So, what do you guys think what will happen next? Feel free to vote, comment and share it to others, spreading the joy of reading this book! Thank you for so willingly to give this book a chance, a read!! You guys have no idea how much this means to me! 

Continue to keep your chin up to walk through the lemons in your life that you may encounter!!

Love, J.