Chapter 11- Happy Birthday

A/N: Just want to add a disclaimer here that sentences like "Pop your confetti, Pop your Pérignon" are from Katy Perry's Birthday Lyrics (as seen in the image) Enjoy reading!

Ariella's POV

"Damn Ariella, what happened to you over the weekends? You looked as though you have returned from an obstacle course." Ella said, taking a closer look at the heavy eye bags underneath my pair of eyes.

"Well, nothing much." I said, avoiding her gaze on mine.

"Oh is it? Well, my gut feeling is telling me otherwise. Just saying. No pressure in telling me more about it, you know." Ella said, taking a bite of her homemade salad from her lunchbox.

No offense but, salads with dressings are fattening.

And that is why I prefer to not eat any salads with dressings at all.

"Well... I mean, it was something but it was also nothing at the same time, do you get what I mean?" I said, giving it a thought but soon found nothing coming out from my mouth.

"Uh... nope." Ella said, looking at me with a perplexed look on her face.

"Okay... then let's put it this way. What does it mean when a guy kisses a girl's cheek?" I said as in an attempt to bring in the topic of Ashton kissing my cheek from the last gathering with my senior high best friends.

"That's easy! It means that he likes and respects - now hold up!" Ella said in realization and stood up from her chair, which definitely earns her a couple of stares from the students in the cafeteria.

"You might want to get your butt back down on your chair first, Victoria Ella Johnson. Isn't that weird of you to suddenly stand up when you are eating?" I said, smiling at her awkwardly as I hinted her back to sit down.

"Oh right. Everything is going alright here, people!" Ella said loudly in the whole crowd in the cafeteria before sitting back down on her seat.

I am seriously on the verge of wanting to bury myself into a hole right now.

"Okay, where were we?" Ella said, focusing on our conversation once more.

"The kiss on the cheek?" I said as I gestured my hands awkwardly.

Thank goodness that she did not stand up or shout in the cafeteria this time.

"Right. So... did a guy kiss you on the cheek or something? I mean, you looked rather flustered when I answered your question earlier."

"Well yes and no." I said, causing Ella to cock up her eyebrows at me.

"Can you please explain yourself clearly to me, Ariella Elise Hudson? You are seriously confusing me right now." 

"Well... As you are aware, I had a mini gathering with my senior high best friends over the weekends right? Let's just say that we had a truth and dare session..." I said, but soon stopped to see if Ella managed to catch up with me since I spoke a little softer than before.

"Uh-huh... I am still listening and still able to catch up with the conversation..." Ella said, encouraging me to continue my mini storytelling session.

"So one of my guy best friends, B, was being dared to tell the whole group what scared him the most. Apparently B said that he was scared of losing me. After that, A was dared by B to kiss one of the ladies cheek to indirectly tell her that he hates / likes her the most."

"Now this is getting interesting. Keep going." Ella said, using her hand to ask me to keep going with my conversation with her.

"But A was replaced by B because long story short, A challenged B to replace him in doing the dare instead. So in the end, B accepted the challenge and kissed my cheek." I said, burying my head into my hands as I recounted the whole 'truth or dare' incident to Ella.

Reloving Us Againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें