Chapter 2- Senior Year

Fast forward a few years later... 

Ariella's POV 

"Ariella Elise Hudson, it is time for you to get up! Your bus is coming in 20 minutes!" My mother knocked on the door several times before coming into my room to open my curtains, allowing the sunlight to pass through my room.

I squirt at the sight of the bright sunlight and use my blanket to cover my eyes.

Talk about me being a morning person? Definitely not.

"Ugh... okay, thanks mom." I let out a yawn as I got up from my bed, heading towards the bathroom to wash up. I then proceed to wash my face, brush my teeth, pick an outfit that I have prepared for the week once I have taken a quick shower and bid goodbye to my parents before heading out to take my bus ride to school.

Final year in college and I will soon be done with all of this.

I gave myself a little encouragement to motivate myself as I brace myself for the final year in this school. 

I am totally not prepared to be a senior in college, especially with the insane number of projects, written assignments and presentations to be done in one semester. 

Shortly after, the bus came and I boarded the bus. I soon found a seat close to the right window and took out my earpiece, allowing myself to get lost into the world of music as I glanced out of the window, admiring the scenery outside.

The bus ride to school was a smooth-sailing one since there was not much of a traffic earlier. I then walked to my locker to get the relevant compiled notes that I need for lessons until I hear that familiar voice echoing in the hallway.

"Ariellaaaaaaaa!!" Ella called out to me as she brisk walked her way through the crowd in the hallway.

After much "woah" and "watch your way" being heard, Ella is finally standing in front of me, smiling brightly.

"Morning!" Ella greets me with a huge smile, which I returned the gesture shortly.

"Morning Ella. I am totally loving the morning classes for this academic semester." I said, letting out a sigh as I looked at the time displayed on my phone screen.

It is like 8am in the morning and I need my sleep. Like real bad.

Clearly it is way too early for my brain to start working since I was burning the midnight oil the previous night, rushing through the preparation of my notes for the new academic semester.

"Well, at least we are in the same boat, suffering the same fate together." Ella said, patting my shoulder as I gave her the "we are all in this together" look on my face.

A/N: High School Musical Fans, where you guys at?? ;D

Just as we were about to head to our class, we could not help but notice a group of students making loud noises as if they were making a big entry into the school. Yet, I could not help but to notice that familiar guy in the midst of the crowd.

Tyler Hood.

"It seems as though they are finally back in school after some long break or something... And my goodness would you just look at those pathetic people trying so hard to get into their good book..." Ella said in disgust as she points towards that huge crowd that circled around Tyler and the Queen Bee of course. 

Well, that is nothing new to the both of us anyway. 

"Good thing that you are no longer with Tyler anymore, or else I am not sure how the both of us are going to stand such annoying group of people who pesters us daily with a goal in mind, which is to get our freaking attention." Ella said in annoyance as she continues to look that that group of people disapprovingly. 

After several more seconds of Ella looking disapprovingly at the crowd, the Queen Bee noticed it our stares. 

"Oh hey, Ella and Ariella!" The Queen Bee said, giving us a half-hearted wave. Needless to say Tyler does not even bother to look into our direction. 

As usual. That cold shoulder I have received years ago. 

Both Ella and I gave her a closed smile and a wave before Ella dragged me along with her. I soon find myself allowing to be dragged by Ella since I do not want to be reminded or even remember the slightest past memories that both Tyler and I used to share. A past that I wished to let go and forget, but it seemed to remain fresh on my mind every single time I see him.

Get a grip of yourself, Ariella Elise Hudson. 

"Here we are!" Ella said once we arrived at the designated lab room that we are supposed to go for our lab lesson.

"Please tell me that I would not die here." Ella breathes out, looking as if she is preparing to faint right on the spot.

Well, let's just say that Ella has a love-hate relationship with lab lessons.

The reason for that relationship?

Well, it is interesting to learn and acquire various techniques and skills. But it is definitely not interesting when you have to pass the skill tests within a time period. 

The worse of all?

 Having to have failed for the test, followed by attending supplementary classes and a re-test that consists of half of the original marks. 

It is definitely not ideal and suitable for people like Ella who do not want the re-test at all. 

"You won't. You have me as we pull through this together. We are a Team." I said, patting her on the shoulder, followed by giving it a light squeeze as a form of encouragement.

"Thanks Ariella. I really appreciate that." Ella said before opening the door to enter the class as I followed suit next.

I really hope that the first lesson of this brand new academic semester will be good to both of us.

And at the same time, I could not help but to wonder... will we both survive this academic semester, knowing that this semester would be a rather stressful and hectic semester for us? 

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: And that is all for the second chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed reading this! As usual, hope this chapter does resonate to some of us who are facing and experiencing major stressors in our lives! A message from me to you would be to hang on 'cos life is a marathon! Run this marathon well everyone! 

Love, J.