Chapter 10- Flirt And Lie

A/N: Before you guys start to read this chapter, I just want to dedicate this chapter to this particular person who has inspired me to write this chapter! You know who you are! :D

Ariella's POV

As the sky darkens, the soothing sounds of the crashing waves felt as though they were music to my ears.

"A penny in your thoughts?" One of my best friends since senior high, Lucinda asked as she sits beside me on a wooden bench.

"Nope. Just enjoying the sea breeze."

"Are you sure about that though? You looked quite deep in your own thoughts." Another of my best friends since senior high, Josiah followed.

"You guys are thinking too much, give Ariella a break man." Ashton said, giving us a head shake as he looked at us being our usual self: overthinkers.

"That's right. Both of you girls have been bombarding Ariella since the start of our gathering. Give this poor lady who is sort of troubled by love a breather." Nick follows as he sits beside Ashton.

"But on a serious note, Ariella, just give yourself some time to ponder over and give yourself a break. Especially when we, aka your senior high best friends, are here with you after 2 years!" Aren't you touched that you finally got to see us?" Chantelle said, looking excited as she used her hand to describe how excited she was in meeting all of us, like finally.

It seriously took us really long to plan for a simple gathering like this since all of us are basically scattered around ever since senior high.

Especially when our schedules kept clashing with one another, where some would be on a holiday while some would be having their final examinations during a specific point in time.

Like, ugh.

Nevertheless, I am still glad that despite us who may be busy chasing our dreams, we still managed to find / block out some time for such a meaningful gathering to have a little catch up with each other's lives.

"Earth to Ariella? Is anybody there?" Lucinda said, noticing that I was staring into blank space again.

To be completely honest, I have seriously lost count of the number of times that I have been staring into blank space.

Just because of one person's action that kind of sent butterflies of hope in my stomach. Something I used to think that it was long gone.

"Well yes, Ariella is back on earth." I said, looking down to admire the floor since I have been caught staring into blank space by Lucinda again.

Needless to say, I definitely can sense Lucinda has been trying to hold her laughter since it took her a while to respond back to me.

"Welcome back to earth, Ariella." Lucinda said, looking at me as I proceed on to give myself a little stretch, just to make myself look less suspicious in front of the others who are not aware of my conversation with Lucinda.

"So what shall we do now? I mean, we have like an hour to go before the arrival of our food deliveries." Ashton said, putting down his phone once he has helped us to order our food from the food delivery app on his phone.

"I guess we'll wait." Chantelle responded, which definitely earns a 'are you seriously kidding me' look from Ashton.

"No doubt that we have to wait since it is our food deliveries. But what I meant was what are we going to do to make time pass a little bit faster?" Ashton continued the conversation as he seriously tried not to facepalm himself in front of Chantelle.

"So, any ideas? Anyone?" Ashton said as he looked at all of us in anticipation.

"How about we play mobile games, like League of Legends (LOL)?" Nick said, which immediately got shot down by the ladies since we do not really like to play that, for now.