Chapter 14- Merry Walls

Ariella's POV

I was sleeping soundly on my bed when the endless knocks on my door interrupted my sleep. I opened my eyes lazily and looked at the timing reflected on my clock.

It is freaking 9am in the morning.

This person, who has been knocking on my house door, better have a valid reason for the interruption.

I am definitely not being cranky right now, especially when I got back late from work yesterday.

I barely had my 10 hours of sleep.

You guys heard me right. 10 hours of sleep is all I need to recharge myself.

I headed down to the living room and looked through the door hole to see who it was before deciding if I should open the door.

It is pretty dangerous to not look and know the person on the other end before opening the door, especially when I am alone in the house.

I was dumbfounded after looking through the door hole.

Someone please explain to me why Tyler freaking Hood is standing outside of my house at this hour. Like it is freaking 9am in the morning.

Not knowing what to do, I dashed to my room and immediately sent a text message to Ella.

Me: Ella, Tyler is standing outside of my house. What should I do? :(

Tapping on my phone screen impatiently while I waited for Ella's reply, I heard the endless knock on my house door once again.

Just as I was about to give up and open the door to let Tyler into my house, Ella finally texted back. Thank goodness.

I am seriously about to lose my sanity here.

Like, I really need a break from work and all of this relationship hassle, if that is the reason for Tyler appearing at my house at this hour because this is seriously vexing.

I immediately opened up my message inbox to read Ella's message.

Ella: Why is Tyler freaking Hood standing outside of your house at this hour?

Me: I have no idea. I guess I shall ignore it for now. Who knows he might go away right?

Ella: Maybe. Update me if anything :)

Just as I had finished texting Ella, my phone began to ring.

Great, now Tyler is calling me when I did not open the house door.

Letting the phone ring for a moment while I gave myself a moment to breathe, I scrolled through the phone button and answered the call.

"Oh my goodness! Thank goodness you picked up the call, Ariella." Tyler's voice of relief echoed through my phone.

"Is there anything?" I said cautiously, not wanting to sound annoyed over the phone.

"Erm... Actually... I have a favor to ask... Would you help?" Tyler pauses in between before he finally stated the reason for calling me.

"Depends on what it is. What is it?"

"Do you remember the orphanage that we went to volunteer together during last Christmas?"

"Yup."

"Apparently the singer could not make it for today's Christmas event at the orphanage. So Mrs Granger asked if you could come and replace her instead?"

"What time is the Christmas event?" I asked, looking at the time on my clock.

"11am. Are you at home right now though?"