4

-

The bathroom was the only space in Neo city that wasn't covered with the eye-catching green colour. Instead, it was plain beige and very cheap.

Jaehyun flushed the toilet and left the stall, coming up to the sinks which had mirrors above them. While washing his hands he stared at himself, checking how his hair was looking and so on.

He was so focused he didn't hear another door of a stall open and close, not until a second faucet turned on and he realized there was a person right next to him.

It was Taeyong. He was staring down at his hands, seemingly oblivious to Jaehyun's presence. Then, their eyes meet as Taeyong looked upwards to get a tissue. Only for a moment, they froze, making intense eye contact in complete silence the room fell into.

Jaehyun was about to open his mouth to say something when Taeyong turned on his heel and left the small room.

"Shit," Jaehyun cursed under his breath and ran after the boy. He caught up with him in the long corridor, thankfully still not in the main room of the coffee shop.

He grabbed his wrist and restricted his movement. Taeyong pulled his hand a little, but soon realized Jaehyun wouldn't budge.

"Are you pretending to not know me?" Jaehyun asked. "Or do you not remember?"

"Let go of me," Taeyong spoke through gritted teeth and Jaehyun did what he was told, realizing his grip was way too strong.

"We haven't seen each other in ages. Where have you been?"

Though Jaehyun let go of him, Taeyong didn't move. He turned his head to face the other after that question was proposed.

"So, you're like a legit photographer now?" he asked. "That's funny."

Jaehyun frowned. "Are you still mad about what had happened? After so long?"

Taeyong now fully turned around and he was facing Jaehyun with his whole body. His face was stone cold and serious.

"I don't think it's that surprising. It was long ago, but it's still affecting me to this day. I keep getting rejected everywhere I go. If it hadn't been for you, I could have been a desired model. Maybe, I could have been on magazine covers by now, who knows? But, because of you, it's still just a dream of mine."

Jaehyun balled his fists, fingers pressing deep into his palm. "Don't blame the whole thing on me! It's not my fault that they chose me over you that time! It's not my fault that you have no career now!"

Taeyong let out a huge breath of disbelief, almost getting red in the face. He pushed into Jaehyun's chest, making the boy stumble a few steps backwards.

"That job was a huge deal!" Taeyong exclaimed. "You knew it and yet you showed up, tried to steal it from me and succeeded! You're a bad person!"

"Me?" Jaehyun whispered, before continuing in the same volume as Taeyong did. "You are the one blaming me for ending your career when all I did was a stupid mistake! I didn't know you were attending the same audition as I was! I thought you'd be happy for me! As a boyfriend should be!"

Taeyong shook his head while letting out a sarcastic chuckle. "You're wrong... I shouldn't have come here today. Tell Mark I had an emergency."

"Taeyong!" Jaehyun screamed after the boy who just took off and aimed towards the door, leaving the Neo city.

He was about to run after him when at that second, both Bee and Mark walked out from behind the corner. They looked a little terrified and confused.

"Guys-"

"Tell us exactly what happened between you two. Tell us now," Bee cut him off.

-

"We dated...back in high school," Jaehyun talked with Bee, Mark and Donghyuck too sitting around him at their booth with their mouths opened. "Back then, he already wanted to be a model and I wanted to be a photographer."

"Wow, he's been going on for that long?" Donghyuck asked.

"Yes.. Ever since I could remember," Jaehyun chuckled. "Well, we would have photoshoots, but back then, I wasn't very good and he thought photoshoots like that were pointless... So he started going on auditions and he kept getting rejected. It's never been because he was bad or too ugly or whatever reason. He was just never lucky enough. I've always told him he was a perfect model for me, but of course, how could my words help when he had professionals choose other people over him all the time?"

"Wow, he's never told me any of this," Mark spoke while shaking his head. "How many auditions has he gone to?"

"Who cares?" Bee interrupted. "I wanna know why they fought!"

"There was one like every month... It's probably more than few dozens now," Jaehyun answered Mark's question even through Bee's protests. "It got pretty exhausting to handle his break-downs after every rejection."

"I'm surprised he hasn't given up yet," Donghyuck noted and the others all nodded.

"Will you tell us why you fought now?" Bee asked again. "Taeyong looked very upset, it must have been a mess."

Jaehyun took a deep breath. "There was this audition for a very exclusive magazine which was supposed to be a collab with few famous celebrities and they needed an unknown face to pose together with them. I've always been the photographer and Taeyong would encourage me to try to model at least once, so I chose that one to go to. Wouldn't hurt to try, right? Well, I came a little late and then, I saw Taeyong in the waiting room. I didn't know he was going to that audition that day."

"Don't tell me you-"

I cut Donghyuck off. "Yes, I got the job. The exact words the woman said were 'We were going to go with mister Lee, but after mister Jung showed up, we knew who to choose immediately' and right after that, I've never seen anyone look so broken."

"So, he would have had that job it you hadn't come," Bee summed up the whole story and Jaehyun nodded slowly.

"We broke up a week later, because he kept finding new and new things to hate on me for. It got unbearable, so I had to end it... Even though I didn't want to. I loved him so much, but he seemed to love modeling more than our relationship. So, when I got in the way of it, he sacrificed me."

-

A/N: I keep forgetting to update lol :')

-Sani