21

-

"Don't forget that your final project is due tomorrow! I want to see all of your works here then," mister Suh spoke after it was time to end the lesson and Jaehyun let out a huge breath of relief, stretching his stiff arms out.

"I'm leaving, I have work. Bye," Bee said as she collected all her belongings and stuffed it into her bag. Jaehyun bid her a goodbye and watched her walk out of the class, going around mister Suh without even looking at him.

He raised one of his eyebrows. He didn't ask her about their relationship, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. But, he for sure was confused about it. Just as he was confused about his own relationship with his ex.

Jaehyun hasn't seen Taeyong ever since the last photoshoot few days ago. He wouldn't say he missed the other male, but every night, he found himself going through the photos he took of the model and feeling his heartbeat fasten more and more with each photo.

"Jae, let's go to Neo city. I miss Hyuck," Mark almost whined, coming up to Jaehyun and aggressively tugging onto his arm. "Please, please."

"Of course! You haven't seen your boyfriend for five hours, you're going to die," Jaehyun replied sarcastically.

"Says the one who's still hanging onto his ex from like a decade ago," Mark snapped back. "Let's go, Jaehyun, please! I'll buy you a coffee."

"First of all, it hasn't been a decade. Second of all, you got me at the free coffee."

Mark rolled his eyes and started walking out of the class, giving Jaehyun just few seconds to pack his stuff. Once he threw everything into his bag, he ran to follow his friend out.

"Have you thought about what you're gonna do after we graduate?" Mark asked out of nowhere when they were outside and walking down the street to get to the Neo city.

"Continue being a photographer, what else?" Jaehyun chuckled. "Are you thinking of doing something completely different?"

"I don't know," his friend sighed. "You know... I really love Donghyuck and right now, he's the one who mostly pays for our apartment. I really want a job which can take that burden off of his shoulders. I want to have a job that can help me put a ring on his finger."

Jaehyun didn't fight the genuine smile that tugged on his lips. He pulled one of his arms around Mark's shoulders and brought him closer.

"You're one of the best boyfriends ever, has anyone ever told you that?" he said with a small laugh. "I think whatever job you choose, it's going to be fine. Donghyuck is happy that he can support both of you. Don't stress about it. You'll find a job that suits you soon enough."

"Yea, I know...I'm probably thinking too much about it."

They were only a few steps from Neo city, seeing the neon green sign, which was lit up, very clearly now.

"You'll deal with all that later, okay? Let's just have a coffee and relax," Jaehyun suggested and the two then entered the building.

Right as they came inside, they could sense the tension taking over the room. All the customers seemed to be looking at the back of the shop and from this point of view, the duo could see Donghyuck and YangYang's back as they stared at a girl and a guy who seemed to have a heated debate.

"Who is this?!" the girl exclaimed at the man who Jaehyun didn't know. "Who's this motherfucker? You're cheating on me, aren't you? I fucking knew it! I knew you weren't just going out with your friends! You were going around dating this bastard, right?!"

Mark and Jaehyun shared a quick, surprised look, before the situation continued.

"Doyoung, i-is she your girlfriend?"