12

-

The cafeteria was full and loud as always and the trio sat at the table in the far corner - a table that was more distanced to the others.

"You know I'd never judge you, Jaehyun, but this is a stupid idea," Bee spoke while holding a small mirror and applying some red blush on her cheeks and nose. "Your idea sounds too much like a date."

Jaehyun frowned, folding his arms. He turned to Mark who was smiling while looking at his phone. "Hey, you also think it's stupid?"

"Yea," Mark replied shortly, giving the two only a small glance before coming back to whoever he was messaging.

"Don't even ask him, he's too busy flirting with his boyfriend who he sees literally all day everyday." Bee rolled her eyes and now took out a white eyeliner and started applying small dots all over where she put the blush. "Jaehyun, tell me again what you're planning, slowly, and think about it a little more as you speak."

Jaehyun groaned, but obeyed, speaking in slower tempo. "I'll go get Taeyong from his place, drive to the meadow that's few minutes drive from here, have a photoshoot and then, I'll drive him back home...?"

"See, that's so obvious that you're trying to make him like you again," Bee commented. "A fucking meadow? Seriously? You couldn't have chosen a more romantic place to have a photoshoot at, could you?"

"What? I'm not trying to be romantic," Jaehyun tried to defend himself, hitting her shoulder so she would make a mistake while doing her fake freckles. "I'm suggesting a meadow, because it will make an interesting background."

Bee angrily put away the eyeliner into her make-up bag and put on a forced smile as she turned to Jaehyun again. "He's gonna hate it, trust me. Besides, didn't you say he's been on like thousands of auditions? Does he not have a few photos he can send to mister Suh's friend? Why do you have to make new photos?"

"I suggested it and he agreed. So, why not do it? I missed photographing him, so why not take the opportunity?"

"Just because you were born on Valentine's day doesn't make you some kind of majestic prince everyone will fall for Jae." The tone in Bee's voice now changed into what seemed like a very genuine and caring one. "I'm telling you it's a bad idea because I care about you and don't want you to have your heart broken by him again. Think about it."

Jaehyun hummed, looking down at his hands. What was he really doing it for?

"Am I really trying to win him back?" he thought to himself. "But...do I really want it? Or am I just so keen on helping him build his career? Is it just guilt?"

"Hello, students."

Jaehyun looked up to see mister Suh standing next to their table. He was smiling wide and this time, he seemed so different. His clothes didn't look disheveled and his hair was perfectly groomed and even styled. Once he got closer, Jaehyun could feel his strongly scented cologne.

"Oo, professor!" Mark exclaimed, finally putting his phone down. "Why are you so dressed up today, are you going on a date after school?"

"Something like that," mister Suh chuckled. He was looking at Bee the whole time, even though he was answering Mark and the girl was returning the eye contact. If the blush on her cheeks was only from make-up or because of the professor's heavy gaze, Jaehyun couldn't tell.

"Well, I've come to tell you class will start ten minutes later today, spread it to your other classmates too, please... Uhm, Seulhyun? I need to speak to you about your last homework, could you follow me for a while? Are you too busy?"

"No! I'm completely free!" Bee jumped from her seat and put all her stuff back in her bag in matter of milliseconds. She was grinning, showing off her snow white teeth. "I'll see you two in literature class."

With that, the professor and their friend left, disappearing in the school building and Jaehyun with Mark were left to stare at each other in disbelief.

"...What...is going...on," Mark spoke slowly, visible confusion running through his eyes. "Is our friend fucking my favorite professor?!"

Jaehyun nodded. "I...I think so...S-Should we ask her?"

"Nah," Mark waved his hand, slowly recovering from the initiate shock. "And she had the audacity to make fun of me for texting my boyfriend?"

"Let's just go to miss Choi's class for now, okay?" Jaehyun asked and Mark just hummed, putting all the books he's placed all over the table into his bag again.

The duo headed inside the school, finally escaping the ear-piercing loudness that was the cafeteria, into the fairly quiet hallways of their college.

"Hey, Mark," Jaehyun called for his friend, also bumping into his shoulder with his own. "Be really honest. Do you also think I am being too much with Taeyong?"

Mark sighed and pursed his lips in thought. "I don't really know, Jae, but I don't completely agree with Seulhyun. I feel like you have to keep it professional. Knowing Taeyong, he only agreed to do more photoshoots with you, because it's going to help him with his career. If you're really doing this just because you want to be his photographer and nothing more, I don't see anything wrong with it, but...don't cross the line."

"What will be crossing the line?"

"No kissing, no holding hands, no flirting and for the love of God, no sex."

Jaehyun gasped. "No sex?"

"No! Are you dumb?" Mark exclaimed, eyes widening. "I'd be surprised if he even wanted to become friends with you, so if he agreed to have sex with you, I'd probably chew my own leg off."

"Is that a challenge?"

"Oh my god," Mark whined. "Both of my best friends are idiots. What did I do in my previous life to deserve this?"

"You love us, shhh." Jaehyun laughed and pulled one of his arms around Mark's neck as they walked into their first class with miss Choi already sitting behind her table. They bowed to her and went to sit at their respectable seats next to each other.

"Okay...I won't cross any lines and I'll keep it professional," Jaehyun said firmly. "That shouldn't be very hard, right?"

-