22

-

Time skip

"We did it y'all! We fucking graduated!" Mark was screaming his lungs out, jumping into Donghyuck's embrace with a huge smile on his face.

"I'm proud of all of you," Donghyuck said happily, hugging back, but still looking around Neo city which was now empty except for the friend group.

Everyone held their alcoholic drinks and the mood was positive. Jaehyun and Bee sat on the counter and laughed as they looked at the rest of their friends who already acted drunk before they even took the first sip.

"Yuqi! You better take care of Lucas! I'm scared he won't survive this night!" Bee exclaimed at the stressed looking girl who was trying her best to calm down the giant who was way too excited about his graduation.

After planting a small kiss on Donghyuck's forehead, Mark came up to one of the tables and placed speakers on it that were connected to his phone. He played loud EDM music. The vibrations were strong and slowly, everyone started to dance. Even Bee downed her first glass of alcohol and jumped off the counter, joining the others.

Only Jaehyun stayed sitting, staring at his friends in amusement. He felt proud of himself. After so many nights spent studying and practicing to shape his skills to perfection, it was all finally finished. He could now freely become what he's wanted to be since he knew what photography meant. His dream was to become true and he felt like he couldn't contain his excitement, smiling wide like an idiot.

The future was still unknown to Jaehyun. He wasn't sure where he'll work or how exactly to start yet, but he was confident he'll figure it out. All he could do now was celebrate the achievement and get drunk.

As he stood up to go have fun with his friends, the door to Neo city opened and all of the people's heads turned that direction to see their teacher.

"Mister Suh!" Mark exclaimed while laughing and turning off the music. "You weren't at the celebration! Did you come congratulate us in person?"

Mister Suh was, as always, dressed in slightly wrinkly brown suit and it seemed like he was fast-walking by the deep breaths he was taking.

After Mark's question, he broke into a small, polite smile and nodded. "Sure, Lee. I'm sorry I wasn't at your celebration, I had many things to take care of today. Congratulations to graduating! It wasn't easy for you and I'm sorry for some of the extra homework I've given you, but... You all pulled through and I'm super proud!"

"You were my favorite professor, I hope you know that," Lucas said. He was teary-eyed, probably emotional at the thought of probably not seeing mister Suh again.

"Don't make me cry, Lucas... You can visit me at school any time...you'll always be welcome."

Mister Suh's eyes darted at Bee as he said the last sentence and the girl visibly froze when that happened. She coughed and went behind the counter to fill her glass again, trying her hard to completely block everyone out.

"Do you want a drink with us a bit, professor?" Yuqi offered with a cheeky smile. "It's the weekend tomorrow, why not loosen up a bit?"

"Ah, sorry guys, I'm very busy...maybe some other time," mister Suh replied awkwardly. "I, uhm, need to talk to Jaehyun about some important stuff. Could you come outside for a bit?"

Jaehyun was taken aback by the random request, but he agreed with a nod and then, the two walked out of Neo city on the empty street, leaving everyone inside wondering what the conversation will be about.

Mister Suh leaned against the wall and took out a cigarette which he lit up right away. During the whole time, Jaehyun just anticipated what the professor was about to tell him.

The man blew out a huge cloud of smoke and looked at Jaehyun with a smile. "Don't worry, it's all gonna be good news," he said.

"What is it?"

"My friend Kun reviewed Lee Taeyong's photos. He also apologized for taking so long, but he had many things to take care of. Starting a new company isn't easy," mister Suh started and Jaehyun just nodded. "Well, he liked Taeyong's photos very much and he agreed to work with him."

Jaehyun's eyes widened and he chuckled in disbelief. "That's great! Does Taeyong know?"

"Yes, he's been informed today. But, well, there's something else," mister Suh spoke through the smoke coming out of his mouth. He turned to the other with a serious face. "Kun also asked me about the photographer for all the photos."

"W-what does that mean?"

"He liked your photos and the way you captured Lee Taeyong," the professor said, looking as though he just announced a pregnancy or something equally exciting. "He is interested in acquiring you as one of his photographers! Well, in case you're unemployed and looking for a job."

"Are you serious?!" Jaehyun exclaimed, not caring that he was being too loud in public. "He wants me in the company?"

"Yes! Are you interested?"

"Of course I am! Mister, thank you so much!"

Jaehyun started bowing like crazy, thanking the professor repeatedly while trying to contain the happiness which was seeping out of him.

"Oh, don't mind it, I didn't do much. It was all you and your talent!" mister Suh laughed at Jaehyun's outburst. "It's really beneficial...you might get to work with your friend Taeyong, too."

"Oh, right," Jaehyun muttered, looking downwards shyly, but having a smile on his face still.

"Okay, I'll send you the information on your e-mail. You should contact Kun in the next few days. I have to go now," mister Suh was about to say goodbye, but Jaehyun stopped him by asking:

"What are you going to do with Seulhyun?"

The man froze in his step, slowly turning back to his former student with mild shock on his face. "Did she tell you about what happened to us?" he asked hesitantly.

"I knew she had a crush on you. And I know you must have been together at some point. But, last month you haven't even looked at each other in class," Jaehyun spoke rather quietly. "I'm asking you because I really care about her and she hasn't been herself lately. I think it might do something with you."

"You're correct," mister Suh sighed and looked at Neo city as though picturing Seulhyun standing right behind the wall. "I realized I hurt her. But, don't worry Jaehyun, I'm working on making things right. I'm not giving up on us."

Jaehyun nodded. "I'm glad to hear that. You better hurry, though... I'll go back now, thank you again," he said and bowed again.

"You're welcome." mister Suh bowed too and then watched as Jaehyun disappeared in Neo city, before going his way as well.

-

🌹