26

-

“Isn’t a suit too much?” the young boy which lied on the bed with phone in his hands critiqued Taeyong as he stood in front of the mirror and was checking himself out.

“Shut up, Chenle,” Taeyong hissed, turning to him with his hands resting on his hips. “Does mom even know you’re here?”

“No, but your place is better since she isn’t here,” Chenle smiled innocently. “I will just stay here for a bit while you’re gone, okay?”

"I don't care about that, but don't bring Jisung in. I don't want strangers at my place," Taeyong ordered, pointing a finger threateningly at his brother. "Go meet your little boyfriend in a mall or something."

"At least I have one," Chenle sassed him, only getting on the other's nerves as he continued speaking. "We'll be here just for about an hour, deal? We'll be gone until you're back."

"I don't have a choice, do I?" Taeyong asked and Chenle just smiled innocently, rolling on the bed so he'd be lying on his back. Still on his phone, he started scrolling through social media, now completely ignoring his sibling.

Taeyong sighed with a small smile playing on his lips when, suddenly, he could hear his phone ring. Running to the table in his room where the device was at, he could see it was Jaehyun. Only a quick look outside the window and he saw the tall figure standing next to the now familiar car.

He answered the call briefly. "You here?" Taeyong asked to the phone.

Jaehyun's deep laugh sent shivers down his spine that Taeyong chose to ignore. "I'm here, are you ready to go? I have a gift for you."

Taeyong rolled his eyes. "I'll be down in a minute."

He took his bag and only biding a small goodbye to Chenle, he exited his house. He found himself stepping down the stairs with strange excitement helping him move faster. He felt giddy and warm as he saw Jaehyun's face smiling at him once he ran outside.

Jaehyun pulled out a box from behind him and gave it to Taeyong, jerking the box until the boy took it.

"Why...?" Taeyong asked, staring at the box with no exact emotion on his face.

"For getting to a company at last. You worked hard to get where you are, so I got you something to celebrate it."

"Jung Jaehyun, the forever gentleman," Taeyong sighed and pulled open the box, being met with a stylish earring – a thick black circle with a dangling cross attached to it. It was packaged in a blue silky fabric.

"What do you think? You like earrings, don't you?" Jaehyun curiously lowered his head to look at Taeyong's expression as he stared down at the gift.

"I like it, t-thank you," Taeyong muttered, cheeks flushed bright pink. "You really didn't have to."

"Well," the photographer chuckled and turned around, opening the front door of the car. "We should go now."

-

Taeyong, now with an earring dangling on his ear, and Jaehyun came into the company. There were staff and other employees standing around, all with wide smiles and dressed elegantly.

Taeyong suddenly felt like his heart became a bird whose legs were tied up, starting to beat really fast against his ribcage. He was looking all over the handsome guys and beautiful girls, guessing they were the other models of the company and getting an uncomfortable feeling in his chest. They seemed so much more photogenic and professional, interacting with each other as though they knew each other for years.