8

-

Jaehyun was scrolling through all the photos of Taeyong he's taken, resting his head on his hand and pouting.

He came to mister Suh's class early to edit his favorites, but now as he was looking at them again, he suddenly felt doubtful. Not because of Taeyong, but because of himself. This was the last project at the art school he loved going to, but he felt like his abilities were lacking.

"Oh, Jaehyun? Why so early?"

He looked up at the voice speaking up, seeing mister Suh come in with slow step. He was holding some folders together with a bag he always carried with himself, putting all of it on his desk at the side of the room.

Jaehyun bowed slightly, only with his head. "Mister Suh... I just came here to edit my photos... It's quiet here."

Mister Suh smiled warmly, running a hand through his caramel brown hair. He then walked towards Jaehyun and leaned against his desk.

"You look troubled, though. Is there something wrong?" he asked.

Jaehyun gnawed on his lips, choosing whether he should tell his professor the truth or not.

"Uhm," he started. "I'm not sure about my photos... I feel like I didn't do good enough job."

Mister Suh nodded, pointing at the computer. "May I look? I'll try to help."

"Yes, sure," Jaehyun agreed and moved the laptop so it would be facing the other man. Mister Suh didn't show any emotions as he was clicking through the photos. He remained unfazed, either because he didn't want to show he disliked it or was too focused.

"Hm, who's that model?" he suddenly asked.

Jaehyun blinked in surprise. "Uhm, why are you asking?"

"From what I can tell this boy is very skilled and his expressions are on point!" Mister Suh replied excitedly. "I'm surprised I don't know his name yet. Does he work in the industry?"

The boy felt his heart jump at the professor's words. He is interested. Taeyong did do what Jaehyun ask of him, so he might just return the favor.

"He is interested to be in the industry, but he hasn't had any luck yet. His name is Lee Taeyong," Jaehyun spoke enthusiastically. "He has a lot of experience, but sadly, no company accepted him yet."

Mister Suh nodded slowly, still looking through the shots. "My very good friend has just started a new modeling agency of his own and is looking for models. These photos are great, Jaehyun. If you edit them and get some more different shots of this Lee Taeyong, I could send them to my friend and see if he's interested."

"Mister Suh! That's great, thank you so much! Taeyong will be so happy to hear that!" Jaehyun stood up and started bowing.

"Oh, that's the least I can do," the professor laughed. "You know I don't like to choose favorites in class, but you've always been a very good student. As a teacher, I'm happy to see visible progress and you for sure progressed over the years. Be more confident about these photos. I can see you'll have a bright future, Jaehyun."

Jaehyun could feel blush creeping up on his cheeks from the compliments he received. He just bowed again as a thank you and took back his laptop, looking at one of the photos mister Suh had opened before.

"Hm, it really isn't that bad," he muttered for himself.

"Good morning!"

Both men looked to the door to the class to see Bee smiling brightly and stepping into the room with a big jump. Her fluffy skirt swirled with each movement and she smoothened it out after she noticed it had ridden up.

"Oh, Seulhyun, you're also early," mister Suh commented with a kind voice. Jaehyun noticed the professor nervously adjusted his tie. He was staring Bee down with twinkly eyes, making Jaehyun squint suspiciously.

Just then Bee noticed mister Suh's presence and she looked down in embarrassment. "Ah, I-I mean... Class starts in only ten minutes," she stuttered a bit through the sentence.

The professor rolled up the sleeve of his shirt to look at the watch on his wrist, gasping loudly after. "Jaehyun and I have been chatting for longer than I thought! I guess I should prepare, your classmates will be coming soon."

Bee laughed awkwardly and speed-walked to her seat next to Jaehyun and mister Suh did the same, but he walked to his own desk.

Jaehyun chuckled under his breath at how heated Bee's cheeks suddenly looked under the white freckles she always drew on her face. He nudged her shoulder to get her attention.

"What's gotten you so nervous?" he whispered so their professor wouldn't hear as he started listing through some documents and books.

"Nothing, you dipshit. You could have told me he is already here," she hissed angrily while taking out her laptop and turning it on.

"Didn't have time, sorry," he apologized and turned back to his own laptop. He opened photoshop and then started choosing photos he liked the most.

"Oh my god, is that really Taeyong? He looks mad handsome," Bee suddenly gasped in awe and leaned her head on Jaehyun's shoulder to see on the screen better. "The photos are good too... Oh yeah! You gotta tell me how'd it go yesterday! Don't leave out any detail."

"Terribly bad," Jaehyun sighed, frowning at the memories of yesterday's events. "He was being an ass the whole time."

Bee chuckled. "I mean, you got some good shots so it must have been worth it?"

"No, I mean, yeah, but..." the sentence trailed off.

Bee rubbed the side of her face against Jaehyun's shoulder, probably getting some makeup on his black tee. She encouraged him to continue: "But what?"

"He got mad and we fought again... It made me sad for some reason," he finished the earlier started sentence.

"Do you want to be friends with him?" Bee asked. "Or something more....?"

The classroom started to fill up with their classmates slowly and the two also spotted Mark coming to greet them.

Before he could, Jaehyun answered: "That's the worst part... I don't even know."

-

I hope you liked the story so far :)

-Sani