13

-

Taeyong could feel his hands shake in anxiety as he was gripping his bag while waiting outside his apartment.

"It was stupid to agree," he thought to himself. "But, I guess Jaehyun's a good photographer. I should trust him to take good pictures of me."

Even through the cold wind which was playing with his hair, the weather was still very warm thanks to the sun that shone right above his head as he was leaning against the wall of the building.

He yawned and checked his phone, noticing two messages from Mark from just about a minute ago. They said:

"Jaehyun is trying to be nice so you should try too."

"Don't start fights."

Taeyong frowned at the screen, mentally slapping Mark inside of his mind. He replied right away, tapping on the keyboard angrily.

"Only if he doesn't start them first."

He put his phone back into the pocket and looked up to see Jaehyun's car he remembered from the other day in the distance. His heart started to beat faster and feel more anxious the closer it would get. He made a few steps forward to be at the edge of the pavement.

Jaehyun flashed his lights even though Taeyong obviously knew it was him. He tried to put on a nice smile to greet his ex-boyfriend and at least try to follow Mark's messages.

The car stopped right next to him and he could see Jaehyun through the front window, staring him up and down with mildly anxious face.

Taeyong opened the door and came inside. "You're late," he said as he was putting on the seatbelt.

"No, you were just early," Jaehyun replied, grinning from ear to ear. His hair was falling neatly into his eyes as they seemed to almost scan Taeyong's face, also falling down for a second at his outfit.

"What are you staring at?" Taeyong exclaimed, suddenly feeling heavy under Jaehyun's intense glare, cheeks colouring pink as he got shy.

"Nothing... It's just... You wore the same t-shirt... that day," Jaehyun answered hesitantly, making Taeyong almost freeze in shock. Yet, he looked down to give a small glance to the simple tee with some kind of rock band name on it. He didn't even realize while he was putting it on; or he honestly just didn't remember.

"How'd you-" he started, but couldn't finish.

"Sorry," Jaehyun cut him off and looked back at the road again, starting the car and getting into the lane. "Let's just go."

Taeyong let out a quiet sigh that hopefully wasn't heard and then realized. "Oh, and...where are we actually going? You were super secretive about it for some reason."

"A meadow," Jaehyun answered shortly.

Taeyong's mouth formed a small "o" and then commented: "How original."

"You used to like walking around nature and taking pictures there." The photographer raised his eyebrow and gave Taeyong a judging glance. "Why are you acting like we're going to a graveyard?"

"People change, smartass. But, I see your terrible driving didn't change. We're not being chased, why are you going in the speed of an actual lightning? There are bumps on the road. You're making me feel like there's an earthquake."

Jaehyun tightened his grip on the steering wheel, gulping away the urge to snap it in half. He put on a smile that twitched ever so slightly.

"Well, your majesty. We need to take some pictures with an interesting background...." he spoke passive-aggressively, "...and meadow seemed like a perfect idea since the weather is playing in our favour. But, do you have any other ideas?"