20

-

Pretty girl with bright yellow hair walked in the Neo city, looking around the coffee shop while she walked to the counter behind which Donghyuck stood, making beverages for other customers. Right as he heard the door open, he turned around and greeted her with a warm smile, getting ready for the order.

"Can I get a chai latte and some kind of herbal tea, please?" she asked politely.

Her outfit was all in dark colours, making Donghyuck's eyes dart to her aggressive coloured hair, before he processed her sentence.

"Oh, yes, of course," he answered, cursing himself in his mind for getting distracted so easily. The girl then walked over to one of the empty tables and took out a book she then started reading right after.

Donghyuck smiled at the gesture that wasn't seen so often these days and came back to making the previous drinks he was now finishing. He took out two small trays and quickly decorated them both with a black tissue, a cookie and a small glass of water. Then, he placed the finished coffees on them.

One of his coworkers just came back from serving some other customers, so right away, he took the made beverages.

"Table 12, YangYang," Donghyuck said to point the waiter in the right direction and watched him take the order to the impatient people whose eyes lit up immediately after they saw their coffees being brought to them.

He was about to start making the chai latte for the neon haired girl, when the door to Neo city opened again and someone he knew came inside.

"Taeyong!" he exclaimed, eyebrow raising after noticing another male he's never seen before follow right behind his friend.

"Hey!" Taeyong spoke out excitedly. He was seemingly nervous, chin clenched tight and lips quivering. "Hyuck, this is Doyoung. Doyoung, this is Donghyuck, my friend."

Taeyong introduced them to each other and the two just nodded their heads. Donghyuck immediately didn't like whoever that Doyoung was. He gave the guy a judging look before turning back to Taeyong.

"What do you want to order?" he asked through gritted teeth.

"Iced coffee for both of us... We'll go sit at the last table. Thanks, Hyuckie!"

Donghyuck watched them leave to the booth his friends usually sat at, suddenly getting a weird feeling at the pit of his stomach. He scrunched his face in discomfort and slowly went back to making the girl's order, trying to ignore that heaviness that now lied inside of him.

"Was that your friend with Doyoung?"

YangYang's voice came from right next to Donghyuck as he was heating water for the herbal tea. He looked at his coworker for a short while, before answering: "Yes, Taeyong said his name is Doyoung... Do you know him?"

"We went to the same high school," YangYang rolled his eyes as he spoke, as though he was re-living some awkward memories. "Everyone who went there knows what kind of person Doyoung is."

Donghyuck stopped what he was doing, giving the other his full attention. "What do you mean? What kind of person is he?"

"Fake. He's just fake. He had several relationships and he was known for cheating on majority of them. He always pretended to be sweet and when you'd think he genuinely just wants to be close to you, he betrays you." YangYang almost shivered at the last sentence. "He did it to me too...If I were you, I'd warn your friend. It's possible Doyoung changed since high school, it's been years after all, but I still don't trust him."

So, Donghyuck's intuition might be correct. He slowly came back to doing his work, but he kept glancing at the last booth worriedly.

"I should go talk to them," he thought. "Or just see how it all plays out? No, I don't want Taeyong to get hurt. But, I can't just jump in there and ask Doyoung if he plans on betraying Taeyong."

After YangYang took the chai latte and the herbal tea to the girl, Donghyuck made the two iced coffees in a record time, just so he could go check on how things were doing back there.

When he brought the order to the duo, he saw them laughing about something he didn't hear.

"There's your coffee," he said and placed the trays in front of them. "So... How's life going?"

"Oh, we're just talking and having fun," Taeyong replied happily, looking over at Doyoung with lights in his eyes who seemed to return almost the same look.

"Ah, great," Donghyuck smiled, then turned to the suspicious stranger. "When did you become friends with Taeyong? I've never seen you before or hear him mention you."

"Few days ago...we met at the bar last week..." Doyoung replied nonchalantly. "Since then, we've been hanging out every day."

Though Doyoung was smiling, while looking at Donghyuck, the boy felt like he was being threatened. There was a weird malice that probably only he saw hiding behind the dark orbs and he got goosebumps after only a glance at them.

"Ah, good for you then...enjoy your drinks!" Donghyuck faked a smile and left quickly, not being able to stand Doyoung's presence anymore.

He didn't know if it was because of what YangYang said. If he created an image of who Doyoung was from his coworker's words and was now unfairly making things up from thin air. He was so focused that he didn't even hear the door to the coffee shop open. What brought him back to reality was the ear-piercingly loud noise of glass smashing on the floor.

"You fucking bastard! I knew it!"

A girl exclaimed at the very end of the shop and Donghyuck shared a quick eye-contact with YangYang who was just coming to the counter. The two then ran to where all the racket which now gained attention of all customers, was coming from.

Donghyuck's heart dropped seeing the coffee he just made spilled all over the floor together with the shards of glass. In the middle of all the mess, a short girl stood pointing angrily at Doyoung who looked like a busted dog. He was also standing, towering over her, yet he somehow looked much smaller.

"Who is this?!" the girl screamed, almost sounding psychotic. She jerked her head Taeyong's way. "Who's this motherfucker? You're cheating on me, aren't you? I fucking knew it! I knew you weren't just going out with your friends! You were going around dating this bastard, right?!"

Donghyuck walked a few more steps to the scene, Taeyong now coming to his view as well. He looked like he was on the verge of crying, looking at Doyoung in disbelief.

"Doyoung, i-is she your girlfriend?" Taeyong suddenly asked with a small voice, stuttering.

"N-no...? I don't..." Doyoung tried very hard to defend himself, yet he probably knew there was no way he could save the situation.

"No?!" the girl screeched, pushing into his chest. "Who's the guy that sleeps next to me every night then?! Is that not you?"

"Yujin, I-" Doyoung started, but the girl didn't listen to him and stomped out of the shop, hitting shoulders with Donghyuck on the way.

-

I love writing drama lol

- Sani