32

-

“Can you hear that? That’s the sound of a relaxing vacation!” Donghyuck screamed, jumping out of the car the second they stopped in front of a villa. He adjusted the huge sun hat on his head and turned to his friends who one by one stepped out of the vehicle.

“No one can match your enthusiasm,” Mark laughed while stretching his muscles. “We should wait for Johnny and Seulhyun here so they find us easier.”

Jaehyun, who was the one driving, came out last, being joined by Taeyong who slept the whole ride. He still didn’t fully wake up and his hair was funnily messy.

“You slept like a baby,” Jaehyun spoke as he came up to him and helped his hair look more presentable. “I thought someone said my driving was bad?”

You got better.” Taeyong pouted, then looked around the resort, having to squint as the sun shined intensely right above their heads. “It looks nice here...It’s peaceful and quiet.”

“Johnny paid extra to get us a house with a personal part of the beach! It’s right behind the house. Can’t wait to go skinny-dipping!” Donghyuck exclaimed happily, face forming into a mischievous grin.

“If you do that, I am un-friending you,” Taeyong commented, making all of them laugh.

Just then, an expensive looking car pulled up right next to theirs and the driver who was dressed in a full suit despite it being hellishly hot, came out, opening the doors for the couple.

“Hey besties!” Seulhyun greeted them while waving. She was gorgeous, dressed in neon summer dress that contrasted well with her dark skin. She was holding a bag with one hand and Johnny’s arm with her other.

“Taeil, come get us in three days, the same time,” Johnny ordered and the driver bowed and left.

The late-comers joined and the group was then complete. They greeted each other and talked, before walking to their villa together.

Ah, hello,” a small voice was heard from behind them and they turned around to see a boy dressed in baggy clothes. He wore a beanie through which there were brown curls coming out. “I am...I am supposed to show you the house.”

“Ah, you’re Shotaro!" Johnny reacted the first. “I spoke to your father through the phone.”

“Ah, yes,” the boy laughed shortly. He sounded very shy, speaking with a little bit of an accent, but he walked confidently, leading them to the house.
It seemed to be much bigger than what it looked like from outside, very spacious and with little furniture. When Shotaro continued to speak, his voice had a small echo.

“There are...three bedrooms. There should be hot water and electricity on... There is, uhm, also access to your personal...part of the beach, through the back door. With case-no, in case of emergency, I will be in the next house, or you can call my dad.”

“Thanks,” Mark responded. “Also, can I ask? What are some interesting places we can go in here? What do you recommend?”

“Ah, yes, sure.” Shotaro thought for a while. “The market is much fun! I go there every day. You can buy souvenirs and...food. But, I hope you like fishies!”

“The market?” Donghyuck questioned, seeming like he just started to pay attention. “We’ll be sure to go. Thanks, Taro...I hope I can call you that.”

“Yes, yes,” the boy smiled even bigger after replying and his ears slowly became red from embarrassment. “I have to go now. I have some work to do. Settle in and rest. See you around!”