25

-

Saying he was nervous would be an understatement. He was absolutely terrified, standing in front of the quite tall building that was supposed to be his new workplace. His hands were trembling and his heart could most likely jump from his chest if it beat a bit faster.

It’s happening,” he thought. “My dream is finally becoming true. I am finally becoming the person I wanted to be for years.”

So, letting out a huge breath, he finally stepped in, pushing open the glass door. He found himself in an elegant and minimalistic hall. There was a plant at every corner and there was also a place to sit with grey leather couches which all had fluffy pillows on them. In one corner, they had vending machines as well as a coffee machine.

Taeyong stared at everything in awe, stars in his eyes. He was mesmerized. He’s been in many buildings that looked exactly like this. So many auditions he went into and he always passed a hall like this. But, this one was different. In this one, he will work from now on.

Right in the centre, there was reception. A woman dressed in smart clothes and with glasses high on her nose sat behind a table. She was doing something on her computer, but as she heard the door open, her attention was on Taeyong and she smiled once he approached.

“You’re Lee Taeyong, right?” she asked and he nodded, politely returning the smile. The woman hummed and did something on her computer again, before a printer behind her started printing some documents. She stood up, took the papers and then she also came up to the drawers next to her table and took out a key card. She handed all the things to Taeyong.

“I printed you a map of the company and some more information you’ll need to know. This key card...” she spoke while really making sure he was listening to her, “...is really important. Don’t lose it. You will need it to get to the rest of the company from here and also to some meeting rooms. Got it? Any questions?”

“Uhm, the boss said I will meet him today-“

“You came early!”

Taeyong was cut off by a friendly voice coming from behind him. He saw the receptionist bow, before turning around to see a handsome man, dressed in an expensive looking suit and his hair styled perfectly. He looked like he was made from wax, with no imperfections and completely flawless. He flashed a smile towards Taeyong, just as the boy realized who he was.

Mister Qian!” Taeyong exclaimed in surprise and bowed as low as he could.

“You can call me director Qian,” the man spoke as he approached him. “I was afraid I won’t be able to meet you. Since we are just starting, there are many things to take care of, you understand. Thankfully, I was able to finish everything. Are you nervous? It’s your first day as an official member of our team!”

“Yes, I am a bit nervous, but I am mostly excited,” Taeyong said with a wide smile. Director Qian seemed kind and humane, he gave off good vibes and the boy already felt less anxious after only exchanging a few words with him. “I am ready to start as soon as possible.”

“That’s the spirit, my guy!” director Qian laughed and pulled one of his hands around Taeyong’s shoulders as he was leading him further into the hall. “Since you are a model, you won’t have to be here every day. Only when you are called. You and your photographers will most likely travel a lot, but you will also be here in the studios. I will show you everything now.”

They went through another entrance which opened only after they put their key cards against a censor which beeped approvingly and let them inside. They continued walking through a corridor which was intensely lit and the director kept pointing at the doors while saying what was on the other side.