31

-

Taeyong was shivering as they entered Jaehyun’s house, water dripping from their clothes and hair. He slowly took off his shoes made of fabric that were completely soaked and caused his socks to make a wet sound every time he took a step. He then watched Jaehyun put his coat on a hanger and turn to him. His hair was a wet mess, sticking to his forehead and the sides of his face. He was also shivering and his nose was red from the cold.

“I will get us some dry clothes,” he said, worriedly staring at the other. “I will give you some towels too...Let’s go to the bathroom.”

Taeyong liked the interior of Jaehyun’s house. It suited the present him – it was simple and minimalistic, just like his studio. The model hugged himself as he was led through the long entrance room to a spacious bathroom with a huge bath in one of the corners.

“Sit,” Jaehyun ordered and turned to one of the cabinets. In the meantime, Taeyong did as he was told, sitting on the edge of the bath, still looking around in awe. He got startled by a towel being placed on his head and two hands rubbing his wet hair with it.

“Don’t zoom out and dry yourself,” Jaehyun said with clear amusement in his voice. “I’ll go find some clothes for you.”

He then left the room and Taeyong was left alone. From the one small window across from him, he could see the raindrops bump aggressively into the glass, making loud noises. The thunder was really bad, and it was getting worse the later it got. If the grey clouds didn’t cover the sun, it would probably start to set by now.

He tried to dry his hair and some of the parts of his body that were exposed, not really paying attention to it. All that was on his mind was the fact that he is about to spend a night at Jaehyun’s place. It felt unreal to him, he was getting nervous and his heart started to beat really fast once he heard the footsteps getting louder and the door to the bathroom opened.

Jaehyun came inside already dressed in dry clothes, though his hair was still the same, making water drip down his neck and soak into his t-shirt. He was holding some sweatpants and a sweater, handing it to Taeyong. “Wear these...Put your wet clothes on the floor, I’ll hang them to dry later,” he said and left the room again, so the other could dress in peace.

Jaehyun went to kitchen after. “I should make him a hot tea or something,” he thought to himself, already picking up the kettle, when suddenly, the lights starting to flicker, before turning off completely. Jaehyun frowned, coming up to the switch and flipping it a few times, but it didn’t help.

J-Jaehyun?”

A small voice was heard from outside the room and Jaehyun immediately reacted. “Taeyong? You okay?”

“Do you have a flashlight or a candle?”

Jaehyun could see Taeyong’s outline and could make out that he was fully dressed in the new clothes he gave him. After humming as a response, he started to search for a drawer where he remembered to have some useful things. He opened it and found a flashlight and a lighter, turning the flashlight on right away.

“We should go to the living room to sleep...My couch is big,” Jaehyun said and with the help of the flashlight, he led the way. “I don’t think the power will be out for too long, don’t worry.”

“I am not worried,” Taeyong replied, slightly irritated, but he held onto Jaehyun’s shoulder for dear life. “I just don’t like the dark.”

Once they were in the living room, Taeyong sat on the couch and Jaehyun walked around the room, lighting every candle he had. “Thank god I like scented candles,” he commented. There was enough light in the room then that they could see each other almost clearly. He went back to sit right next to Taeyong.

“Who would have thought such a storm was gonna come?” Taeyong kept hugging his own arms, looking incredibly small in the oversized sweater he had borrowed. His boba eyes shined cutely in the orange lights of the candle and Jaehyun couldn’t help, but smile at the sight.

He reached out his hand and tucked a small strand of Taeyong’s hair behind his ear and lingered it on his cheek. Taeyong looked at him in surprise.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

Jaehyun didn’t hesitate after. He leaned over and placed his lips on top of Taeyong’s. It started off as an innocent kiss, but it got deeper, more sensual as the model responded, slowly making his way onto Jaehyun’s lap. Their chemistry worked perfectly, they moved in sync as though they practiced it many times before.

Taeyong’s head got slowly filled with clouds and he almost seemed drunk after tasting Jaehyun’s lips for that long. He couldn’t seem to stop, though something in his mind was telling him to. He was frowning, but he still kept on kissing back. Jaehyun then pulled away, only to proceed on his neck, making a trail of kisses all the way to his collarbones. Taeyong threw his head back to give the other more access as if on command.

I love you,” Jaehyun whispered in between the kisses and that was when the voice in the Taeyong’s head got louder. He jumped away with shock evident in his face.

“Is there something wrong?” Jaehyun exclaimed with guilt swallowing his face whole, reaching out to check on Taeyong, but he just scooted away further from his reach. He was surprised himself from what just happened.

“I...I can’t do this,” he whispered. “We can’t.”

Jaehyun took a deep breath, before speaking. “Can’t we...at least try?”

Taeyong stood up as if on snap. “Why should we try?” he exclaimed. “We might be fine for a while, but then we are going to start finding flaws in our relationship. We will fall into a spiral and ruin everything. I thought I hated you for all those years, but after we kissed on the stairs, I’ve grown to realize that under the layer of hatred, I actually missed you so fucking bad. But, we can’t try again, because I am scared. I am scared that us together won’t be like it was in high school when we were younger. We will end up hurting each other again and I won’t be able to handle that. So, what’s the point?”

Jaehyun stood up too, walking as close to Taeyong as possible.

“I love you, that’s the point,” he said, the pain he felt so visible in the way his voice trembled. “All I need is to know that you love me back. That’s all it takes for me to have enough reasons to try again.”

Taeyong opened his mouth in shock and soon, there were tears coating his eyes. He lost. He knew.

I...I love you too,” he whispered, ever so quietly, but Jaehyun caught it. He heard it so clearly through the loud bangs of thunder. It sounded so perfect in his ears, those four words.

He couldn’t wait any longer. As the tears started to flow down Taeyong’s face, he pulled his arms around his waist and pulled him closer, kissing him with so much affection, it was seeping out of him. Taeyong had to swallow sobs wanting to escape from his mouth and he kissed back, getting rid of all his concerns that have been bothering him for days.

As they pulled away, the electricity came back all at once and they could then clearly see each other's crying faces. They chuckled after looking at each other for a few seconds and then hugged.

Taeyong buried his face in the crook of Jaehyun’s neck. “I missed you so much,” he whispered.

-

Oof, finally 🥰🥰

- Sani