28

-

The image of Yuta and Taeyong together kept Jaehyun up and followed him to his dreams – waking up with frustration already weighing on his temples and causing a headache. He swallowed a pill and leaned against the kitchen island in his house, squinting a little at the blinding sun shining right into his face.

Normally, it was difficult for him to understand his own feelings, but this time, he knew exactly what was going on in both his heart and brain and he hated it.

Yesterday, when he was so close to Taeyong, seeing how anxious he was after Jaehyun got angry, he was about to say: “I don’t want you to work with Yuta anymore.”

He hated himself for thinking that. He hated that only seeing Taeyong more comfortable with other men than with him made him angry to that extend. He wasn’t used to it. It’s been years since he last felt...that emotion.

Do I want you back, Taeyong?” he asked himself. “Do I miss what we had back then?”

The loudness of his ringtone broke apart his thought train and he groaned as he reached for his phone, feeling the frustration building up even more once he realized it was a call from work.

Jung Jaehyun?” the young manager’s anxious voice entered his ears. “I know you weren’t supposed to have any work today, but can you come for a few hours? One of the staff members had to be rushed to the hospital and no one else is free.

Jaehyun sighed deeply, the headache only intensifying. That was the last thing he needed today. But, he did feel something tug on his heartstrings, so he obliged. “I will be there as fast as I can, mister Dong,” he said and ended the call after the numerous times the manager thanked him.

Taeyong laid in his mind the whole way to the company. No matter what he tried to think about, there would always be something that reminded him of the model. The frustration was visible on his whole body language. His face was formed in a frown, he tapped his hands against the steering wheel and his feet also didn’t remain unmoved. He stayed parked in the company’s parking lot for a few minutes, staring at himself in the mirror attached to the visor.

He was practicing a fake smile and a warm expression, chuckling at himself sarcastically after realizing how forced it must have looked. He glazed his eyes around himself, over the cars neatly parked next to each other, when he suddenly recognized the face which just came out of a car.

His heart reacted before he himself could, skipping a beat once it saw him. Taeyong was fixing his clothes that have scrunched up a bit from sitting in the car after closing the door. Jaehyun could feel a smile forming on his lips, but it disappeared right away.

From the other side, Yuta came out, telling something to Taeyong right away with a huge grin. The two then walked around his car, not noticing him at all and aiming for the elevator which led upstairs to the actual company.

Jaehyun could feel his blood boil at the sight of them so close together, their hands brushing and them exchanging smiles. After the elevator closed with them inside and went up, he angrily got out of his car and followed right behind them with loud stomps.

"Jung, thank you again so much for coming," manager Dong welcomed Jaehyun right away once he came out of the elevator on the second floor where the studios were. "Don't worry, you'll be paid for the extra hours."

"Don't worry about it," Jaehyun replied absent-mindedly, already looking around for the two people he was following there. "Uhm, w-what do I have to do?"

"Mostly just go around and ask if anyone needs help with anything, thank you," manager Dong explained quickly as though he was being timed and then left into one of the studios.