24

-

The man smiled at the bouquet of colourful flowers which smelt amazing, having it placed on his lap as he sat at the back of a car. They drove through the suburban areas, slowly getting towards their goal.

"Do you think she'll forgive me, Taeil?" he asked, aiming the question to the driver who seemed to be focusing on the road.

"After what you've prepared for her at your home, I believe, mister Suh, she'll forgive you. Then again, what you've done was to protect your job," Taeil answered nonchalantly, while giving Johnny a short look through the rear-view mirror.

"I know, but, I hurt her. That's why I planned all this. I hope she'll be at home," Johnny spoke while looking through the window. His heart skipped a beat once he realized they were now at the right street and were about to arrive at her house.

"Mister Suh, we are here," Taeil announced and then parked at the side walk.

Johnny could now see the building he was going into and he right away stepped out on the street. While looking around, he noticed there was another vehicle parked quite messily right next to where Taeil stopped their car.

"I remember Seulhyun saying she doesn't have a car," Johnny thought. "Could she have someone over?"

He turned back to the house and then noticed the front door was opened, leading into a complete darkness. He started to have a bad feeling at the pit of his stomach. As he was about to make a step, he heard a scream. Not too loud, but loud enough to make him believe something was very, very wrong. He dropped the bouquet and ran towards the car again.

"Taeil, call the police!" he exclaimed at the driver who nodded and immediately took out his phone. After that, Johnny started running into the house, ignoring all the fear that tried to take over his mind. He pictured Seulhyun in trouble and all he wanted to do was to protect her from it.

The house wasn't helping with being almost pitch black. He started to hear voices, a female one and a deep, man-like one. He realized soon – there must have been someone dangerous and since he had absolutely nothing as a self-defense, he grabbed a vase made of glass that was close to him.

"...stay out of the fucking way. Or, I'll make you pay as well."

Johnny could now hear the words, coming from a room which was at the end of the hallway. Its door was opened and there was little light coming out of it, as though from a street lamp.

"If you think I'm moving an inch, you're wrong."

Seulhyun. Johnny recognized the voice right away. She sounded scared and yet, she bravely spoke her words without even stuttering. The man was making slow steps towards the room, trying his hardest to stay quiet. His heartbeat was so loud, ringing in his ears that he was scared it could blow his cover.

Then, he heard a loud noise. It startled him, almost making him jump. Seulhyun let out a pained yelp and Johnny knew she was punched or slapped. In anger, he gripped the glass vase and his jaw clenched.

"I'm not going to hold back then, pretty girl," the man inside said and that was when Johnny decided it was enough. He jumped into the room and hit the vase against the man's head. It shattered and some shards pierced through his own hands as well as the bad guy's neck.

He didn't have time to care about his own pain, now eyeing the room while the man was falling to the floor and he spotted the two girls that were both crying and seemingly in pain.

"Seulhyun," Johnny whispered and the girl's eyes filled with relief. A smile found its way on her lips, but there were also more tears streaming down her face.