11

"Baby?"

"Not now, Donghyuck."

The boy pouted, shifting in the bed from sitting position to lying. He sighed loudly, hugging a huge plush toy he would sleep with and eyeing his boyfriend that sat at the table, staring at the computer screen.

"When will you be done, Mark?" Donghyuck whined, dramatically elongating each syllable. "I am bored out of my mind. You have been on the computer ever since I came home. I don't work my ass off to pay this apartment for you to ignore me all day."

Mark stayed silent. The only sound heard in the room was clicking of the mouse and pressing down on the keyboard. Donghyuck's pout turned into an angry frown. He took the plush toy and threw it at Mark's head, causing him to yelp in surprise.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" he exclaimed and turned around to see Donghyuck sitting there with an innocent smile on that, somehow, drove him mad.

"You finally pay attention to me? It has been hours since you even touched me."

"I have stuff to do, okay? It's not really easy to be a college student, you know?"

Mark turned around again and continued his work, completely oblivious to the piercing glare Donghyuck was giving his back.

The boy backtracked to earlier today, about how he was crying to Taeyong about how he thought Mark was annoyed by him.

"Was Taeyong mistaken?" he asked himself, nervously gnawing on his bottom lip. "Maybe, Mark wasn't as patient as he thought. Will he get so annoyed one day...that he decides to leave....? No, Mark can't leave me. I can't live without Mark. Am I not doing enough for us? Should I change myself-"

"Hey, Hyuck."

Mark's voice brought him back to reality, he snapped his head up to see the other staring at him with worry written all over his face.

"What," Donghyuck muttered.

"Come here," Mark said while grinning. "You can sit on my lap while I finish the work, huh? We can do whatever you want after."

Donghyuck's eyes instantly filled with happiness, pushing away all the negative thoughts he had just seconds before. He jumped from the bed into Mark's arms, sitting on his thighs. He hugged his waist and rested on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"Good boy," Mark whispered into his ear, making Donghyuck shiver. "I'll be done in just few minutes okay, baby?"

"Mhm."

Donghyuck didn't trust himself to speak even one word then. Mark's deep voice and being this close to him was his favorite thing. Getting to smell his scent and feeling his warm skin alone could make his heart beat faster and fall even deeper in love.

He nuzzled his face into Mark's neck and started to give it little kitty kisses. He smirked when he felt how the other tensed a bit and took a deep breath. He continued to kiss him and started to proceed a little upwards, to his jawline and ear.

"Hyuck," Mark grunted. "You're distracting me."

"That's the point," Donghyuck chuckled and continued his work. Soon, he felt Mark's arms around his waist, pushing him closer.

"You're an impatient little brat," Mark whispered.

"But, you like what I'm doing," Hyuck replied, biting into Mark's ear lobe and pulling it. "You can take a little break, can't you? The work won't run away, but I might."

"Please don't, I love you too much."

Mark almost moaned the last part as Donghyuck shifted on his lap a little too aggressively, but pulling away so they were now staring at each other.

"Do you actually love me?" the younger asked, lips quivering as he spoke. His face sunk down in sadness and Mark noticed, placing his hands on Donghyuck's cheeks. His heart immediately swelled at the sight.

"Why are asking it like that? Is there something wrong?"

Hyuck broke their eye contact and looked somewhere to the side, not being able to handle the intensity in Mark's dark orbs. It was like he was trying to see right into his head and he didn't like it. He felt too vulnerable, like he was naked in front of the whole world. He rarely let anyone into his mind, the exception being Taeyong.

Donghyuck was scared to let Mark know his true feelings, share the thoughts that have been troubling him for days. How would he react? Would he think it's ridiculous and laugh at him?

"Baby, look at me," Mark said sternly, waiting with his other sentence all the way until Donghyuck did as he was told. "I can see something's up."

"No, I'm fine... Everything's fine... You should finish that work, I will, uh... Do something else."

Donghyuck was about to stand up from Mark's lap, tears trying to push out of his eyes, but before he could even try, Mark held him down tightly and kissed his lips.

As the first tear left Hyuck's eye, he kissed back, softly. They didn't use tongues, they just kind of rested their lips against each other for a while, before Mark pulled away.

"You aren't upset just because I've been working all day, right?" he asked, wiping away Donghyuck's tears which have travelled all the way to the boy's neck. "There's something else bothering you."

"It's stupid, really. Let's not talk about it anymore... I'm tired, I'll go to shower and then to bed-"

"No," Mark opposed. "You know I'm not the best at feelings, but, I want to know. Because, I think if we don't talk about it, it's just going to hurt you more."

Donghyuck felt his heart stop for a moment, hearing Mark's words. He stopped trying to leave and relaxed again.

"Uhm," he started, having troubles speaking out. "You have to promise, you won't react negatively... Please."

Mark just nodded, eyes sincere, encouraging Hyuck to continue without any fear.

"Well, I'm... I don't know how to say this... I'm scared you'll leave me. I'm scared you'll get...tired of me."

"Huh?" Mark exclaimed, making a confused grimace.

"...What?" Donghyuck asked nervously.

"You're seriously worried about that?! I would never do that in a million years, you dumbass."

"Uh..."

Mark laughed at the dumbfounded look Donghyuck gave him, giving him a quick kiss on the nose while trying to contain more giggles from coming out.

"I know I'm busy most of the time," he said. "But, I asked you to be my boyfriend for a reason. Because, I love you. And I love when you're being yourself, even if it means bullying me sometimes."

"Mark..." Donghyuck gasped in awe. "I... I don't know what to say."

"Maybe, say you 'I love you' back?"

Hyuck chuckled, finally putting on a bright smile. "I love you too... I love you a lot. And, now... Finish that work quick, so we can continue where we started earlier."

"Oh, baby," Mark smirked, reaching over to turn his computer off. "You think after what you've started earlier, I'm gonna be able to think about work?"

-

Finally, markhyuck.

- Sani