Chapter 23

A soft pattern was being traced on my bare back waking me up making me smile.

"Good morning," I heard Dick whisper softly into my ear his lips turning up on the ends slightly. I let him continue to draw on my back with his fingers. I felt him write out the words 'I love you' before he started placing light feather like kisses on my shoulder and neck.

"Morning," I said finally lifting my head to look into his eyes. "What time is it?"

"2," he said dropping his head back on his pillow. "So we have to start getting ready to pick the kids up from school,"

Today was Grace and Blakes first day of the third grade, they had just turned 8 and they requested to not be homeschooled. I had no problem with it, Dick was a little skeptical as he was bullied a bit throughout his schooling experience. I knew they might get a few looks, they were the prince and princess of Gothems children after all. Dick and I dropped them off with large smiles before booking it home and having a nice day just lounging around the house.

"Ok let's get up," I said with a groan as I rolled off the bed. Grabbing a pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt, I glanced over to see Dick throw on a grey v-neck and some regular jeans. Grabbing a leather jacket on my way out the door I hopped into the cars passengers side as Dick slide in the drivers seat.

"Char your hair," he said with a grin that shown with pride. Pulling down the visor I looked on the little mirror. With a groan I glared at him before throwing it up into a pony tail.

"We have been together for 14 years and you still to this day fuck up my hair," I said with a pout as I brushed a hand through my golden ringlets that were tousled slightly.

He laughed none the less as he pulled out of the drive way and down the street towards Gothem Academy. We pulled into the parking lot right as the bell for school rang. Hopping out of the car I leaned against it looking around for my kids. Dick walked around to stand next to me with an arm thrown over my shoulder. We both put on a pair of shades. After another ten minutes of waiting I gave Dick a look.

"I'm going inside, they might have gotten lost or something," I said slightly worried Dick grabbed my hand and followed me inside. Walking around the hall ways I sniffed the air trying to catch the sent of my children. I had learned a few years back how to memorize a scent and could now track them easily. Following it I came to the central courtyard of Gothem academy. Walking out I saw a flash of raven hair and low voices.

"Aw to bad your rich mommy and daddy aren't here, aw is the little baby going to cry. Come on blonde don't be a little baby," I growled under my breath as I speed walked forward to see 4 older boys probably from the Junior high that they shared a building with.

"Leave my sister alone," Blake said standing in front of grace who looked to be struggling with not shifting. Blake seamed to be a bit more natural when it came to accepting his power, grace struggled a bit more because of also having to control her canary cry.

My heart swelled with pride as I watched Blake defend his sister but I knew I needed to intervene or grace might really start sprouting her claws and fangs.

"Excuse me boys but I'm going to have to ask you to leave my kids alone," I said a glare plastered to my face as I saw them back off in shock and look slightly scared. They quickly scattered as I crossed my arms with a raised brow. Watching them run off I looked down to see Blake and grace run towards us. Blake ran to his father while I crouched in front of Grace taking her face in my hand.

"You ok Gracey?" I said watching as she opened her eyes the red of them blazing. "Come on focus on my voice, think of happy thoughts," she nodded blinking slowly before closing her eyes completely after a moment she lifted her head and opened her eyes reviling her beautiful blue eyes that matched her fathers. "There we go," I said with a smile. She gave me a small one before wrapping her arms around my neck hugging me tightly.