Chapter 28

10 Years Later

Epilogue

"Ladies and Gentlemen I'd like to introduce for the first time Gotham Academy's Class of 2026," I stood up clapping next to Dick who was grinning largely as we watched the twins stand and throw their caps up in the air. I watched them hug each other while grinning ear to ear. Bruce was one of the loudest cheering guest here. His grandchildren were his whole world now that he was officially retired. With Damian taking over as the Bat and Dick at Wayne enterprise he had enough time to finally relax.

"Mommy can we go now," I felt a tug on my arm from my annoyed looking sons. Davis and Liam had turned ten a few weeks ago, my little boys growing so big now. My identical twins had curly blonde hair with dark blue eyes like their father.

"Ya, I want to go too," Liam groaned agreeing with his brother.

"We have to wait for you siblings to come over here, this is their day so we need to be patient," they tried to give me a pout to persuade me but I was stronger than their cute little faces. Grace and Blake had started to make their way over to us, their gowns now unzipped to show off their school uniforms. They had hats in their hand that they must have found after tossing their own up in the air.

They had almost made it to us till Grace got caught up with one of her many admirers, she had grown into the most stunning young woman. It did not go unnoticed to the male population much to her father's distaste. No boy was good enough to him. It didn't help either that Bruce was completely on his side for this as well. I turned to see my husband glaring at the couple, bumping me hip with him I gave him a look. Turning I noticed my dad was doing the same making me sigh.

"What," My husband said innocently, leaning forward he kissed my cheek quickly. Blake detached from his twin and made it over to us.

"GiGi hurry up," Davis yelled at his older sister who rolled her eyes before saying good bye to the boy. Blake smiled at me while I took his hands in mine.

"My baby boys all grown up now," I said with a smile that was quite shaky. "It was just yesterday that I was teaching you how to talk a-nd n-ow y-" I was a sobbing mess as my son hugged me putting his chin on top of my head.

"Its ok mom, I'm still your baby boy, you know that," he whispered rubbing my back. "Come on your going to make Gracey cry to if she sees you and that's not what we want,"

"Awe Momma," I heard Grace say from behind me as I turned. She ran into my arms hugging me tightly. Kissing her forehead, I held her tightly to me refusing to let go.

"Charlie, come on give me a turn with my little girl," I heard Dick say from my left, sniffling I nodded my head and released Grace from my strong hold.

Hugging her father tightly I watched as his eyes got slightly teary as he tried to hold it all together. His princess was all grown now and ready to fight her own battles, no matter how much he wished he could go back to the times of pretending to fight monsters that lay under her bed.

"Daddy don't cry, I'm still going to live at home during the summer and Harvard isn't that far by zeta beams," I heard her try to reassure her father who was in my opinion doing a better job than I thought he would at keeping it all together. The twins were going to Harvard, separating them would be impossible.

I heard a sniffle form behind me, Bruce stood straight looking at the ceiling making let out an aw. "Oh god I think we need a family group hug! Everyone in!" I said throwing my arms out, Davis and Liam came in first followed by everyone else making me grin.

"I love all of you so much!" I was with everyone that I loved most in this moment and I couldn't be happier. To see all my children together happy, healthy and loved I couldn't ask for more.

"We did this," I heard Dick whisper in my ear as Blake and Grace posed for a picture with Davis and Liam. Bruce held up a camera instructing them to smile for Grandpa.

"Their perfect," I said looking up at him, his arms wrapped around my waist pulling me to his chest. He still looked at me like we were teenagers who just said I love you for the first time. Like in this very moment he was falling more in love with me than before. "This is all just perfect,"

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"

The End

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

This is the end of my series thank you everyone that has read all three books and has stayed with me since the very beginning. All your amazing comments have kept me writing and I love you all so much! I still am going to write my rewrite of Birds of a Feather and I will soon be putting up a completely new series.

Comment

Vote

Charlierose