Chapter 8

“I know my mood swings are bad but you don’t need to be so mean about it,” I mumbled to an irritated Dick.

“I’m not being mean Charlie! I need to finish this work!”

“Ok so finish it!”

“I can’t with you sitting right there the whole time saying how the baby’s kicking. All I want to do is focus on you and the baby’s but I have to do this right now,” he said softer at the end. Nodding I stood up and started to leave the room without another word. I almost made it but my hand was caught in Dick’s larger one. “you know you can’t leave now because all I’m going to think about now is how much of a jerk I was to you and then I’m going to take another hour to find a way to apologize and your probable going to cry and I still will not get any work done,” pulling me so that I was closer, not crushed to his chest due to my protruding stomach it made hugging slightly awkward unless it was from the side.

“It’s fine,” I said with a little smile as he kissed the top of my head. “I’ll just go annoy Megan or something, I think I can smell her cooking,”

“Ok my little monster,” he joked as I exited the room. Skipping toward the kitchen I heard a noise and being a curious person I obviously went to investigate. The noise was like a slight knocking coming from the bay doors. Stepping into the landing bay I walked closer, as the noise seem to quiet like whatever was out there knew that someone was here. Shifting I felt my claws come out along with the fangs as I readied myself.

“Dick something’s at the doors get down here,” I muttered into the com link that everyone would hear.

“On my way,” taking my hand away from my ear I slowly stuck my hand out pressing the door opener. Ever so slowly they rose. Getting into a fighting stance I crouched ready to see who the attacker was. A pair of feet, men’s to be exact came into vision as slowly his whole body showed. When I saw the face I stood up in slight shock.

The man looked just like I did in the very moment. Claws, fangs, and sharp red eyes. As mine were cool and confident in the moment as I sized him up his were frazzled and scared looking like they needed help.

“Who are you,” I said with a slight growl as I heard the footsteps of the team making it to the room.

“Your eyes, their just like mine,” he whispered coming closer, ignoring my question. “You look just like me,”

Squinting at him I took a calculated step back not liking how close he was getting, because even if he was untrained, if he had even half of the strength the shift gave me he could do some major damage. Just as I did the team came clamoring in asking what was going on. Ignoring them I tilted my head looking at the man in front of me. He looked to be around my age with nice features. Not even close to Dicks but still nice.

“Who did this to you,” I said softly as I saw Dick and Conner flanking me making me feel slightly more comfortable if the new shifter lost control.

“The joker he-“

“oh let me guess, Injections, electrocution, and repeat,” I said it matter of fact rather than a question. “Been there done that,” I said softly as I felt my eyes burn slightly from the memory. “You’d think after last time he’d realize it was a bad idea,”

“He did that to you too?” nodding I stared at him longer. “What’s your name?”

“Kye, Kye Stewart,” he said with a slight southern twang tinging his voice. “Yours,” I opened my mouth to speck but was interrupted.

“It’s classified,” Dick said with a glare plastered to his perfect face. “Why are you here?”

“I don’t know, all I know is instinct is what really drove me here. Also a scent, I have no clue why but I can smell everything,” he said getting slightly distracted. “But it was like this sent was calling to me to come to it and seek it out,” lifting his head he took a whiff of the air before his eyes blazed an even brighter red connecting with mine. “It’s you,” the room seem to freeze up a little when he said that. Taking a step closer Dick pulled me to him. A growl came from the other side of the room as I was suddenly pulled behind him.

“Whatever you want you need to go somewhere else to get it, she’s not helping you,”

“No she knows how to handle this! My eyes haven’t changed back in three days! I punched a hole in a brick wall! A brick wall! I need help! I need her!” he was breathing heavy now grabbing at his head with his claws shaking in pain.

“Let me go,”

“No he coul-“

“Let. Go.” Glaring down at me he did so reluctantly. Facing Kye who was desperately trying to calm down. Taking a small step forward I stood closer to him. “Kye focus on me, my voice. Block everything else out,” he nodded struggling to do so. “Now tell me what makes you happy, anything.”

“My sisters,” his looked confused when he answered. Nodding I took another step forward as I watched his eyes start to lighten.

“Go on, tell me about them,”

“Ones five the others eight,” with that little fact he got a little smile on his face and lost the claws. Nodding my head for him to continue he did. “Their names are Tasha and Grace, they live back home in Texas with ma,” the fangs were gone.

“And they make you happy?” I said with a sweet smile.

“The happiest” he said softly and finally his eyes were turned a soft green almost brown color.

“And that is how you shift back, happy thoughts,” quickly shifting back I gave him a bright smile. “Now that your calm, do you want to come in and tell us how all this happened to you,”

“Ya that would be nice,” he said softly walking in after me as I turned to see the team still looking weary of him. “Oh calm down he’s not going to attack, he’s like a puppy right now,”

“When you first shifted you were not like a puppy in any way shape or form,” Conner shot back.

“Yes but I already knew how to kill people,” I said with a shrug making him crack a smile. As we walked in kye stuck to me like a lost child any loud noises making him clutch his head. “I remember when I used to be like you,” I said softly knowing his sensitive ears would pick it up and maybe superboys. “Don’t worry it will go away and I will help you control it all,” turning slightly as I walked I saw him staring at me in awe. My eyes shifted and I caught Dicks eye which was currently glaring holes into Kye’s back. Oh yes I was in for a long night.

So tell me how you guys liked it? I know that this wasn’t what any of you really put in the comment box but don’t think that I won’t be using them! I could just be leading up to it!

*COMMENT*

*VOTE*

*CHARLIEROSE