Chapter 9

Everyone had now gotten settled in the tv room focusing on Kye as he started his story.

"I was just walking down the street when a guy in a mask came out of no were and picked me up," he said quickly with a slight shrug to his shoulder. "They threw me in a room and attached me to a table and hooked me up to some IV. Like she said," he said nodding at me he continued. "I got tested on and electrocuted over and over again," reached a hand out I placed it over his that was shaking.

"Hey," I said softly, "I know how you feel, and trust me your not alone," a quick look from Dick had me pulling back my hand quickly with a sheepish look. "How did you get out?"

"I kicked down the door," he said still sounded kind I surprised with himself. "Can you do that?" Answering with a nod he looked relived. "Ok so I'm less of a freak then I assumed," giving a small laugh I smiled at him.

"Don't worry you'll be so good at controlling the shift you won't even have to think about it," beaming at me he hugged me quickly surprising me and probably the rest of the team who I could see looked ready to fight due to his quick movements.

"Thank you so much," he muttered into my hair as I patted his back softly. Pulling away from me he kept his smile in place.

"Well since it seems that you will be staying here, my names Charlie," I said with a happy smile.

"Charlie can I talk to you," I heard Dick hiss out as he stood. Following him out of the room we went to our room after I told them to be nice to Kye.

"You can't just let him stay here!" He shouted when the door closed. "You don't know what he's capable of!"

"Oh my god stop being such a hypocrite! You act like he's the plague, when I came back you wouldn't even leave my side. You said you took care if me when I was at my worst like that. You calmed me down," my hands were flailing around as I said all this. "He doesn't have a 'you' like I did," stepping forward a placed a hand on his chest as I looked him in the eye. "Please, it's just going to be till he can control everything," closing his eyes he ran a hand over his face.

"Fine," I started to get excited till he raised a hand. "But I want someone with you at all times. You can't be alone with him, if he was to lose control and hurt you," he paused not finishing the sentence as his hands placed on my stomach.

"I get it, I mean after everything I did when I was first like that, well let's just say he's doing great,"

"Charlie," he whispered knowing what I was referring to.

"No Dick, you know it's true. I have blood on my hands, I'm going to make sure he doesn't," kissing my forehead he nodded. Taking his hand we walked back to where the team was. As we entered to room I saw the chairs flipped as Kye was shifted in the corner being held back by Conner who looked to be struggling.

"What did I say about playing nice!" I said stomping into the room catching them by surprise.

"I didn't do anything," Conner grunted out still pushing him into a wall leaving a small dent. "All I said was something about how you were weird some time and he would get used to it,"

"You said she was weird! She's not!" He growled against Conners grip.

"Conner just apoligize,"

"What no!"

"Just do it," he glared at me but muttered a sorry making Kye's struggle stop.

"Say sorry to Charlie," he said crossing his arms.

"Sorry," Conner said locking his jaw. The room gained an awkward silence after that as I instructed everyone to fix the chairs.

"Ok let's all sit and forget that, that just happened," I said curling up next to Dick on the couch. Looking at Kye I saw his eyes which were still red were glaring at Dicks arm. Ignoring it I continued. "Kye sit," I commanded. Quickly he found a spot looking like a puppy who jus did a trick for their master. "Other then the original young justice team none of you have seen what a new shifter as I like to call it, is like. Obviously we weren't prepared for the joker to repeat this but we can figure it out," I said nonchalantly. "So it's story time for all of you now,"

"What?" Batgirl said confused at my statement.

"You all need to know what to expect so listen up,"

*Flash back*

It was a week since I had first shifted, everyone tip toed around me making me grow more and more frustrated. They were treating me like glass, I hated it.

"Tweety what are you doing in here?" Batman asked as he watched the rest of the team train.

"Well it's a training room so you could probably guess I'm here to train," I said with a raised brow.

"You can't train right now,"

"Why,"

"Tweety you know why," he said softly making me twitch slightly with a inner fury. I felt my teeth begin to change along with my nails. Trying hard to contain it I curled my hands into a fist.

"it's not fair," I said lowering my head so he couldn't see my mouth. "It's not fair!" I growled again.

"You know if you train you could get hurt, we don't know what this whole thing does to you,"

"I'll be fine,"

"Oh ya then why can't you look up," he said looking at me harder. Raisin my head I knew my blood red eyes meet his masked ones. "See you can't control this,"

"But I need help to control this! I need to train so I can learn! You keeping me locked away will not help me!" I felt something liquidy run down my hand as I undid my fist. Shock his me as I looked at the large puncture wounds on my palm. Bruce grabbed my hand to inspect my wound. A sharp breath left both of us as we watched the skin grow back and the holes completely heal. "That's not normal,"

"Your not normal,"

"You can say that again,"

*flash back ends*

"And that's just how we found out I could heal, there's even more to tell,"

"Can you teach me?" Kye said excitedly.

"I can try,"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do y'all like it?

-comment-

-vote-

-charlierose