Chapter 24

"Artemis why does Blake have a cross bow?" I questioned with a raised brow as I walked into the training room of the cave. They were shooting in the archery area that was specially made for Artemis.

"He's my godson Charlie, which means he needs to learn to shoot a bow. No godson of mine will be as bad of a shot as his mother," she teased to which I shrugged my shoulders.

"Everyone has to be bad at at-least one thing," She laughed before turning her attention back to Blake who got pretty close, she praised him making him let a little blush cover his cheeks as he stared at her.

It wasn't a real surprise that Blake had a little crush on Artemis, he got relentless teasing from his father which I quickly shut down with a raised brow.

Grace soon came prancing in with Conners hand in her own while she animatedly talked about her day while he nodded and smiled.

"Uncle Conner is gunna take me and Blake for ice cream!" Grace screamed excitedly while Blake jumped up after handing Artemis her cross bow and hugging her. She said a quick good bye to all of us saying she needed to get home for something before slipping out.

"Is he now," I said with a smile, "we'll be back by 3, grace you have dance class at 4 and Blake has baseball practice," they both cheered before running over giving me a kiss on the cheek before they departed with their uncle.

"I can get them to their practices," Conner said with a smile. "And I know where all their stuff is," he added when I was about to speak answering my unspoken question.

Arms wrapped around my waist from behind as I watched them leave. "Hello gorgeous," I heard Dick mutter in my ear. "You know what today is?" I was suddenly turned around in his arms my hands found their home on his chest as he pulled us closer together.

"Is it our anniversary by chance?" I said with a small smile.

"It is, and we have a whole afternoon all to ourselves. No kids, no hero business, just you and me,"

"Let me guess, you gave Conner the idea to take the kids?"

"Who me?" He said faking innocence. "I simply said that he and Megan could borrow Bruce's summer home in Paris for a week,"

"Oh Paris, fancy" I said with a grin. "So what do you have planned for us?"

"Well I already have food from your favorite little Italian restaurant at home and the whole new season of American Horror Story," Leaning up I kissed his lips with a smile.

"That sounds amazing," I breathed out snaking my arms around his neck. "I love you,"

"I love you too," he said kissing me one more time before pulling away and grabbing my hand. We quickly found ourselves on a couch cuddled up with steaming pasta and our favorite show playing.

"You know I would totally leave you for Evan Peters," I said taking a bite of my pasta not taking my eyes off the screen.

"For once I'm not going to get jealous, I'd leave you for him too," Dick joked making me choke for a moment.

"Well then cheers to that," I said once I was done chocking I raised my drink to him while he tapped his glass to mine.

We were half way done with an episode when an emergency alert flashed on the tv a news reporter stood in front of a burning building a distressed look on her face.

"This is Olivia Strong reporting outside of Mrs. Chivoskys dance academy. A fire started only moments ago and the building is already up in flames," my heart suddenly stopped as I watched the report. "No word has gotten out about weather anyone is still inside but we will keep you updated," I turned to Dick with a worried face.