Chapter 13

Racing in we heard a fight coming from the living room. Springing into action Dick ran ahead of me seeing as I was stuck at a speed waddle. Once there I saw the couches flipped and torn. The tv was smashed and the walls were covered in holes.

"YOU!" I heard Kye yell pointing at Dick as super boy and wonder girl held him against the wall. "Stay away from Charlie she's mine!" He yelled shocking me.

"Kye what has gotten into you!" His eyes turned to me and quickly softened.

"Charlie! Be with me not him! I love you, I need you!" He yelled his voice going horse. "Please...PLEASE!"

"Kye stop! You know that will never happen between us," I stated. He let out an angry growl as I finished the short statement.

"No! You kissed me back I felt it!"

"Wait you kissed him!" Conner said lossening his grip but pushing it back when Kye tried to get out of it.

"No! He kissed me in the kitchen and Dick punched him in the face! My lips did nothing!" I said defending myself slowly getting more and more irritated with the whole situation. Kicking one of the couches so that it was standing I sat down slowly with a grunt.

"Charlie please!" Kye begged to me. "I was meant for you! I was made for you," my head snapped up when I heard the word 'made'.

"You were made for me," I whispered quietly, repeating it a few more times my eyes suddenly widened. "Oh my god," I whispered placing a hand over my mouth.

"Charlie what is it?" Standing I passed the room running a hand threw my hair. Snapping I grabbed the couch I was sitting in and with a yell threw it into the wall.

"Charlie!" Dick was instantly in front of me holding my wrist. "What is it!"

"The joker! He sent him! He made him to find me!" My voice sounded almost horse as I yelled this.

"What no he didn't!" Kye shouted.

"You wouldn't know! He brainwashed you Kye! Probably gave you my sent to find me!" Pulling away from Dick I screamed in anger. It shock the walls but that was all. "I'm such an idiot!" I collapsed to my knees holding my stomach as I did so.

"Check his neck," I whispered as I felt arms incircle me. "There has to be a tracker on him," looking up I saw Conner let him go as a confused and scared Kye let them check.

Turning him around they lifted the shaggy bit of hair on the nap of his neck revealing a red dot.

"He knows where we are," I heard Megan say almost silently.

"Then it's settled," I said softly from the comfort of Dicks arms on the floor. Looking at me expectantly I kept my eyes void of all emotion like only a bat can do. "We get to him before he gets to us,"

"I think it's a little late for that," I heard a cackle behind me as all of our heads whipped around. "Isn't that right Charlotte," the joker stood with his yellow teeth gleaming brightly.

We all got in fighting stances but I was pushed to the back. Behind the joker were about 15 henchmen with guns and knifes attached to them.

"Well isn't this just a great surprise! And look even the boy I sent you didn't even know he was going to be the fall of the justice league!" He squealed happily making a shiver run down my back. At his words the team sprang to action. Crouching behind the couch I protectively cuddled around my stomach. Yells and shouts were all I heard till my eyes caught sight of a black object that had slid to my feet. Crawling slowly over I picked up the gun. Fully loaded and ready to fired I turned it in my hand as I peaked over the top of the couch.

"You did all my work for me did you," joker said slowly as two henchmen held Kye down kicking him in the stomach as he coughed up blood. It's all seemed in slow motion as he pointed the gun at his head and fired. A scream that was to late left my lips sending them flying back but that wouldn't change anything. There laying in a puddle of his own blood was Kye. Running out from my cover I slid to his side. The wound was trying to heal but I heard his heart slowly stopping. Tears flew down my face as I sobbed into his bloody shirt. "I'm so sorry," I whispered crying harder till a hand grabbed the back if my head throwing me back on the ground hard.

"I've wanted to do this for a long time now," the gun that I found was next to my hand as I scooted it closer till it was in my palm.

"Bye bye," pulling the gun on me he shot but I never felt the bullet hit me. A gasp escaped me as I looked and saw Dick clutching his shoulder in front of me.

"No!" I roared. "Your not taking any one else from me!" Raising the gun I fired off every round in it into his body. Blood sprayed everywhere as he fell. Jumping onto him I straddled him unsheathing my claws I slashed at his face and throat till you couldn't recognize him. He wasn't breathing once I stepped away from his unrecognizable body.

The joker was no more.

Not taking time to think of it I crouched at Dicks side. He was sitting up now with wide eyes as he looked at the body of the late joker. Looking him over I saw that the bullet went straight threw not hitting anything important. Placing pressure I stopped the bleeding. My face showed no emotion as I tended to his arm.

"You killed him," he said with shocked eyes finally meeting mine.

"He's taken so many people from me," I whispered. "He was not going to take the most important person in my life as well," grabbing the back of my head he placed his forehead onto mine. "He can't hurt us anymore," he said softly closing his eyes in pain.

"Charlie we need to get him to the infirmary," Conner said taking Dicks hand and pulling him up. "Go clean up, get the blood off of you," nodding I slowly stood watching them walk to the med bay. Staring at Kye's body more tears came to my eyes.

"Kye," I whispered to him walking over to him and sat next to his body. "I'm sorry," I whispered repeatedly till my voice was horse. The flood of tears stopped after an hour and that's where they found me. Leaning over his body dry sobbing. I cried for Kye, for the pain his family must be going through, even for the joker not because I would miss him but because I killed him. I cried for myself too, and for my kids because what kind of a mother kills people and then tucks there kids in at night.

A monster that's who.

------------------------------------------------

Ohhh that was an intense chapter! What did y'all think? Are you sad about Kye? Is Charlie a monster? What is your feeling! I want to know!

-Goals-
*30 votes*

*12 comments*

-comment-

-vote-

-charlierose-