Chapter 15

"If you wanna be my lover you gotta get with my friends! Friendship last forev-" I sang as I danced through the kitchen with a tub of Ben and Jerry's. "I don't know the rest of the words so im gunna make them up," I sang to the best of the song not remembering what the lyrics were. I was at home alone while everyone was on a mission. I was now at the size of a person with a watermelon stuffed under their shirt. Safe to say I was ready to pop. A kick in my stomach made me smile as I softly touched my stomach. I was due in a week so I was to sit back and relax for a while. Prancing to the couch I plopped down and chowed down on my cold treat.

-2 sappy romance movies and a box of tissues later-

I was close to falling asleep on the couch when I heard the zeta transported go off. Slowly standing up with the help of the arm of the couch I waddled out.

"Hey guys," I said with a yawn rubbing my eyes as they all came in looking dirty and tired. "How was the mission,"

"Completely boring, you missed absolutely nothing," Dick said coming to my side with a smile. "How was your night,"

"Nothing really happened, the baby's are moving a lot though, we have some fighters here. Punching and kicking all the time," leaning forward he kissed me while smiling happily. Squatting down so he was eye level with my stomach he kissed it. Soft whispers came from his lips as he softly talked to the baby's. He did this everyday in hopes that the baby's would recognize his voice instantly.

"So I'm due to pop any day now, are you going to faint like you do at all the important news?" I said teasingly making me playfully glare.

"No, I will be calm and collected. I won't be like those other dads that say forget their pregnant wife! I'll be the best dad ever!"

"I'm sure you will be, im hungry," I said with a groan. My eyes widened when the words left my mouth. Oh no.

"Hi hungry I'm dad," he said quickly. As of lately dad jokes have become Dicks forte, he was relentless. "This is never gunna get old," he said with a laugh strutting happily towards the kitchen.

Once we had eaten we said our good byes and left to our apartment. Walking in I changed into my pjs and curling up on the couch. A minute later Dick came back with pajama pants and a t-shirt on. Plopping down next to me he wrapped an arm around me. Turning the tv on we lounged for a few hours till we decided it was time for bed.

*next morning*

"Babe I'm going to go get some coffee from the place down the street. Want anything?" I called gabbing my jacket.

"Uh ya can you get me just a black coffee," he called from our bed room where he was getting ready to head to Wayne enterprise.

Walking I stopped a sharp breath left me as a pain hit my stomach. And just like that the ground around me was wet.

"Dick," I said softly.

"What Charlie," he asked from in front of me. Turning his eyes widened when he looked at me.

"My water broke," I said calmly holding my stomach.

"We need to go! I'll go get the emergency bag! Wait I need to get the car seat! What about the diaper bag, oh my god what if-"

"Dick! Calm down, all is good just get the emergency bag, I will get to the car. Some one can stop by and get everything else," I said calmly before my face screwed up. A pant left my lips as a contraction hit me.Running back to me he had my bag in hand, sadly though he ran past me and out the door. Standing there I tilted my head and listened. The engine started and the car seemed to pull out quickly zooming down the street.

"Men," I muttered, waddling to the door I opened it just in time to see him whipping the cat back in. Jumping out frantically he ran to my side this time stopping. "Forget something?" I said raising a condescending eyebrow.

"I'm so sorry!" Smiling I shock my head walking to the car and hopping in. Getting in the driver seat he smiled sheepishly at me before speeding of to the hospital.

"I do recall someone saying that they weren't going to forget their pregnant wife," I giggled but stopped when a groan left me. "Shit these contractions are a bitch," I cursed leaning over in my seat. Placing a hand on my back he rubbed it.

"Were almost there char don't worry," nodding a let out a little whine.

A few minutes later we pulled up to the hospital. Running to my side of the car he helped me out as we tried to hurry into the hospital at my terrible waddling speed.

"My wife's going into labor I need a doctor," Dick said hurriedly, grabbing a wheel chair he lowered me down into it slowly.

"Come this way please," the nurse said ushering us to a room. "Get settled Mrs. Greyson you may be here a while," she said sympathetically, nodding I payed down with Dick in the seat next to me.

"Call Bruce, just Bruce. I don't want everyone coming in from the cave as I give birth," I stated giving him a look.

"Got it, I'll be in the hall for a second," he said while standing. Walking out of the room I saw him pacing the hall way.

A few minute later he came in with the doctor and Bruce trailing behind him.

"You got here quick,"

"I was in the area," he said giving me a slight look that said different. Taking the answer anyways I looked to the doctor.

"So doc what's going on,"

"Well once your contractions get a bit closer you'll be ready to push, so right now all we have to do is wait,"
Walking out with a nod the doctor left leaving all of us to wait.

"Well I guess we have to just wait, it won't be that bad, right?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do y'all like it?

New goal that will get you a free chapter!

*30 votes*

*12 comment*

-comment-

-vote-

-charlierose