Tests and Helpless

(Ash's POV)

"Ahhh this is giving me a headache!" I say, but little did I know, Mrs. Adams was behind me...

"Mr. Ketchum, worksheets are necessary for your good presentation in the exams. Anyways students, this year's examination is coming near so please start preparing now itself! You'll have the Pokemon Annual League after the exams are over. And remember, those who fail, will not get to participate in the league." Mrs. Adams says.

The whole class made annoying noises and some chuckled.

Eh? Why?

"Hey, Clemont. Why are they chuckling?" I ask, whispering to Clemont.

"Well it's because every year the teacher says this, but still whoever fails can participate in the league. We figured that they only say this so that we take the exams seriously. But they also know that we know that whatever they say is not true. I don't know why they still say this." He states.

"Huh, so this is the thing. Ugh, I have to pass this!!" I say.

"Relax, you'll be able to take part in the league." He says.

"Not just the league, but I have to do it..for my mom." I continue, "Ever since my dad died, she has been handling the company and also took care of me, wholeheartedly. She was broken inside, still, she didn't show that to me. She always smiled in front of me. I have everything I could ask for, and I just want my mom to smile genuinely, from her heart. I want her to be happy...and I wanna do my best!" I say.

"Aww, that's so sweet!" Brock says.

"You were listening to us?" Clemont asks.

"Yup, of course!" He answers.

Mrs. Adams clears her throat. " Listen here, class. Please open your biology book and start revising chapter 15. I am gonna give you a worksheet and it is not an open book worksheet. So start revising!" She says.

What the-

BUT WE HAVEN'T EVEN COMPLETED THIS WORKSHEET YET!!

"Hey, did you complete this one?" I say, pointing at the worksheet we were doing.

"Yes, of course, I did. I have completed all my work and I knew all the answers as well, so I finished it early!" Clemont answers.

"Don't worry Ash, I am with you!" Brock says, keeping a hand on my shoulders.

"We are too, Ash." Gladion and Lillie, who were sitting in front of me say.

"Thank god, I am not alone!" I say.

Ya, I think I am safe when I am not alone in something. For example, when I don't do my homework, I wish that someone else should've also not done their's so that I am not the only one who's not done the homework! Well, mostly everybody thinks like this.

"Ugh, this is gonna kill me!!!!" I say. "Hey Clemont..why are you not in the A-class even if you're so smart?"

"Well, let's say that you need to be more than smart to be in the A-class." He answers.

"Ya Ash, being in the A-class is not easy," Brock says.

"Hm..." I say. No wonder Misty is there...

But Gary?

I burst out laughing and the duo gave me questionable looks.

"I am sorry I was just thinking why Gary is in the A-class," I say. They chuckle as well.

~

At lunch...

~

"Hey, Gary!" I say. Gary comes towards me.