Caught

"Ladies, gentlemen, and children...we have some very important news for you." The lady said. Everybody stopped murmuring and paid attention to the screen.

"I am sure all of you know about the terrible incident that took place seven years ago, signalling Mr. Tyler Ketchum's death." She began. Ash, who was at the main hall, had his heartbeat raised. Even Delia's, who was at home, listening, hers did too.

"The culprit's finally caught." The reporter said, seriously this time. All the enjoyment from her previous cheery self was long gone. Everything and everybody was silent right now, for they wanted to know who did it.

Tyler was a very generous man. He had helped the poor, the needy, and never stepped back from doing something good for people. Believing that he had signed that contract was still hard for some folks, but it was the reality, and they had to accept it sooner or later.

"All the evidence plus an eye witness was reported to the police and us here by someone everybody is very familiar with. This is Mrs. Anderson, the eye witness who was present at the scene that time."

"Mrs...Anderson?" Serena said to no one in particular. "She's...she's my dad's PA." She stated. All her friends turned to her, and understood the situation pretty quickly. Ash did too and he widened his eyes.

"No...." Serena wanted this to be wrong, she knew her dad wasn't like this. She knew he wouldn't kill someone, she knew, yet her mind trailed off towards the news she just heard.

"And the one you are seeing on the screen right now," the reporter began again, when footage of a man being dragged by a huge number of police officers around him started playing over the screen. "This is the culprit."

"Mr. George Yvonne."

A tear flowed down Serena's cheek. It was a big shock to everyone, for everybody knew how good friends they were. Tyler and George. Always good friends, never had a conflict. So how could this happen?

Dawn, May and the girls tried to calm Serena down, while the boys did the same to Ash. He was broken, his dad was murdered by his own friend. No matter how much Ash hated his dad at the moment because of the deal, it was his dad we were talking about. No matter how much hate, love was still present.

Ash felt rage, what was the reason for Serena's dad to kill his dad? How did he do it? How did he escape and wasn't busted for seven years?

"We also have one more eye witness. It's the same person who helped George Yvonne get caught by handing in all the evidence and witnesses the police couldn't find. Apparently this person was said to have lost their memory long ago, the same time Tyler Ketchum died, but that doesn't seem true at this point. Yes, we're talking about Misty Waterflower." The lady stated.

All jaws hung open. People couldn't believe Misty never lost her memories. Ash, his friends, everyone was shocked till the core. Even Delia, and especially Misty's parents, Rose and Aiden, weren't believing that this was indeed real. None of them said anything, just tried to digest everything.

"Misty.....remembered everything since the start?" Drew asked.

"She never lost her memories....huh." Leaf said.

"Ash? Gary? Are you guys gonna say something?" Dawn asked, keeping a hand on one of the shoulders of each boy.

"I don't think so..." May said.

"Why would she....hide it?" Gary finally said after a matter of minutes.

"I am sure she must have had something planned, Gary. You should hear her out." Yellow suggested. Dawn nodded in agreement.

"Where is she?" Serena asked, sniffing a bit to stop her tears. Her eyes were puffed from all the crying.

"I don't know." Ursula said.

"We should go to her house. Maybe she's there." Clemont suggested. Everybody nodded and helped themselves towards Misty's house.

* * *

They went to Misty's house. Clemont was by Serena's side the whole time, trying to calm her down. But she wasn't calming. She was enraged. She hated Misty when she was young, but eventually grew to love her as a friend. But then again, something had to go wrong. All her hate towards her good friend came back as she got to know Misty was the one to get her dad caught. Serena was damn sure something was wrong, because her dad would never do something like this. He was too loving to kill someone.

As they reached, Serena wasted no time in getting out of the car and storming into Misty's house, yelling her name.

"MISTY! COME OUT. YOU HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO!" Serena yelled, Clemont ran behind her and held her, but she didn't stop. She opened the door and ran in, only to see her crying mom, Misty's parents, Ash's mom, and some staff sitting on the couch. Misty was nowhere to be seen.

"Mom...." Serena said as she slowly approached her mom who was crying her heart out.

"Serena...it was true....it was really your dad...." Grace said. Serena's waterfalls started again.

"MOM! YOU BELIEVE HER?! SHE'S DOING NOTHING BUT LYING! I AM SURE, SHE'S JUST A LIAR. DON'T TRUST HER WORDS MOM, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN DAD." Serena yelled. Her voice echoed in the whole house. All her friends were behind her, standing silently. It was only her mom and her talking and crying. Serena wanted her mom to believe in dad, but Grace had already seen the evidence Misty had found over the days, and denied it first too, but eventually accepted their unlucky fate.

"See this, Serena...." Grace said as she bent down to pick up the remote. Turning the television on, the news flashed open.

"I was there...that time. Saw Tyler Ketchum get killed by George Yvonne myself, he was wearing gloves, and after killing his friend, he even injured Misty, who had witnessed this scene after the murder. Our escape was from the small door in the store room, which was never found out. I couldn't tell this to anyone, for Mr. George was helping me with my son's hospital finances, and demanded that I keep my mouth shut in exchange. But now that time's finally gone, and I have revealed everything I know." Mrs. Anderson answered her interviewer's question. Apparently the reporters were everywhere, making this whole scene live, leaving no space for secrets from the public.

"She...SHE CAN BE LYING, MOM! MAYBE SHE HAS JOINED HANDS WITH MISTY TO TRAP MY INNOCENT DAD IN THIS. WHY IS EVERYONE BELIEVING HER?!" Serena asked, still not accepting to believe the murderer was her dad.

"Because I earned everybody's trust." Someone said from behind. Everybody turned to the door, to see Misty, with Ron behind her, closing the door so that the reporters don't come in. She walked towards the bunch of people confidently, and stood there, looking at Serena.

"And everybody believes me," Misty shot Serena a sharp look, "because it's the truth." She added.

"I KNOW EVEN YOU HATED ME WHEN WE WERE YOUNG. WHY DRAG MY DAD INTO THIS? YOU CAN JUST EASILY DO SOMETHING TO ME, WHY HIM?" Serena yelled, asking her questions to the very calm girl in front of her.

"I never hated you. I just disliked you." Misty said.

"You-" Before Serena could say anything, her mom grabbed her, trying to calm her down. Gary grabbed the opportunity.

"Misty..." He said. Misty turned to look at him, cueing him to continue.

"You have got a lot of explaining to do." 

-

Begin again is nearing it's end...