Every Day

"Steve, please, take it easy," Taylor pleaded as Steve tried to stand straight up.

His face contorted with the strain and effort and pain his attempts were causing. The nurse beside him agreed with Taylor that he should be resting more than he's working to regain strength.

"A two week coma isn't an easy thing to come back from," the nurse chided. "You need to take it slow as you test your strength."

Steve groaned and sat back on the bed. "But it's been a month. Shouldn't I be walking like normal by now?"

"You still have a lot of injuries that haven't fully healed," the nurse reminded him, "It takes time, and not everyone heals at the same rate."

Taylor reached out and took Steve's hand. "I am just glad that you're alive and awake and, well, mostly healthy."

Steve smiled softly. "Alright fine, you guys convinced me, I'll stop trying for now."

"Just continue with your basic stretches I showed you as often as you feel you can." The nurse added a bit of information to Steve's chart and left.

At Steve's invitation, Taylor sat next to him on the bed, their legs dangling off the side.

"A whole month," Steve murmured. "A whole month of just sitting in this room, getting help to go to the bathroom... I think I'm gonna go nuts in here."

"Yeah," Taylor agreed, "I'm not too fond of hospitals... not good memories. Except for one."

Steve glanced at her with an eyebrow raised.

She smiled back at him, "When I met you."

She smiled even wider at the red tint that appeared on his cheeks. She kissed his warm cheek and felt his tension disappear.

Steve turned his head and let his lips meet hers. "I think I'm in love with you."

Taylor giggled. "No matter how many times you say it, I never get tired of hearing it..."

"Good," Steve said, "Because I'm going to say it every day, for the rest of our lives." With that, he held her hand that had the ring he'd given her a month ago. He brought it up to his mouth and kissed right over the ring. "Every. Day."

~~~~~~~~~
Back with a short and sweet chapter for you guys! Just getting back into the flow of things here

Leave me a comment if ya like it!

Happy Reading!

~Abi <3