News

<message: from Babe
                   I love you

Taylor stared dumbfoundedly at her phone. That last message from Steve both tormented and comforted her. She refused the let the tears win; she simply stood and put her shirt from the day back on, leaving her sweatpants on, and left her room.

She knocked on her parents door, nauseated and pale. "Steve is going to the hospital, and I need to go," she said bluntly.

Tony took off his reading glasses, and Ziva dropped her phone. Both took a moment to process, while Taylor stood awaiting their response. Once their brains had caught up with their minds, they both hopped up.

Tony grabbed his keys off his nightstand. "Let's go."

Ziva went to grab Ashley, who wasn't allowed to stay home overnight yet, and they all loaded in the car as quickly as possible. Taylor stared out the window, fidgeting with her ring the whole time.

Not a word was said....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The driver who hit Steve went with them to the hospital, partly because she felt responsible for him, and partly because she'd had a minor neck injury from the sudden stop.

She followed them into the ER and was then met by a nurse, who set her up in a bed to wait to be examined.

"Could you let me know what happens with him? I feel horrible about this all..." she asked.

The nurse glanced at her chart, "Miss Victoria Stahn... do you have any relationship to Mr...." he glanced at the second chart in his hand and continued, "Steve Bennet?"

"Well, no, but I'm the reason he's here, and he's alone..."

The nurse glanced back at her, unamused, "I'll see what I can do."

Victoria leaned back, knowing that she wouldn't get any help from the nurse. She sighed. Poor Steve, that was his name, all alone.....

~~~~~~~

Taylor sped into the main lobby of the hospital. The group of people at the main desk scared her, imagining what could be going on with Steve at the moment.

However, before she could make it over to the desk, she heard her name called.

"Oh, Taylor!" An elderly woman called from the waiting area. Taylor turned and swiftly changed her direction.

"Oh, nana! You're here!" Taylor hugged the woman. Steve's grandmother, who everyone called nana, was the last living relative of Steve's, besides his older sister, who was travelling in Europe.

Nana leaned up and made Taylor make up the gap to kiss her forehead. Nana was about 4'11 and feisty enough to make up for the height. Her white curls complemented her hazel eyes, and her frail body had yet to have any major health issues.

"Now sit down, love." Nana called over the rest of the DiNozzos. "And Mom and dad and Ashley. Come over here, I have seats saved."

When they were all settled, nana continued, "Steve is with the doctors. They're doing an examination to see the damage. So far they know he's hit his head hard, and the major thing is his left torso area, but they said as long as there arent any complications with those injuries, there isn't much to worry about. So stop your fretting, Taylor."

Taylor hugged Nana. "Oh you are a life saver. How did you get here so quickly? I only called you fifteen minutes ago, and there was traffic."

Nana winked, "I've got my ways."

Taylor hesitated for only a moment, then shrugged it off. They all stayed quiet and waited until Nana noticed the ring. She nearly screamed. "When did this happen!?"

Taylor looked at the ring and grimaced. "Just about 2 hours ago.... I'm pretty sure Steve was going to call you when he got home..."

Nana admired the ring for at least a whole minute. "That's all he got ya?"

Taylor attempted a smirk. "It's the most beautiful piece of jewelry I've ever seen..."

Nana patted her hand. "Steve is tough. You just remember how you two met in that hospital way back when! He put up a helluva fight to those nasty men."

That was worthy of a chuckle from Taylor. "Yeah, yeah he did."

Ashley leaned against her mom, "he's gonna be fine, Sis. It's Steve."

"Thanks, Ash."

And there they waited for the News....

~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~

Yeahhh, I didn't really know how to end it 😂

Hope you liked it! Leave a comment!

Happy Reading!

~Abi <3