Help

*cRacK*

Taylor jerked awake. Her heart pounded in her chest. She quickly tore off the sheets of her own bed and fell out of it. Her whole body was covered in sweat, and she couldn't move a muscle anymore.

She lay face down on the floor for at least 10 minutes, just trying to breath, before she pushed herself up on shaking hands. Those same shaking hands that seemed to have a mind of their own as they grabbed her phone and pushed Steve's name.

His groggy voice squeaked over the line after for rings, "hey... did it happen again?"

Taylor drew in a shaky breath, leaning against her bed. "Yeah... it was really bad."

"Okay... Remember what the doctor said? This is normal and expected. You've been through a horrible trauma. You're going to get through this."

Taylor shut her eyes. She'd heard him say those words the whole two weeks that she'd been home.

"Steve, I can't do it... I can't go back to college like this, can I?"

Steve leaned up in his bed and pushed the phone closer to his mouth. "Taylor, I can't make this decision for you. Whether you take a semester off or not, I support you."

Taylor sighed. "I want to be fine..."

"I know," he yawned. "But you can't be yet... you will be... someday. Soon hopefully."

"You're tired; you should go to bed," Taylor urged.

"I'm not leaving you alone, Taylor."

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't you dare start apologizing again. Just lay back down in bed and stay on the phone. We'll fall asleep together, okay?"

"Okay," Taylor did as he said. She listened to him talk until his voice faded away, surrendering to either his sleep or hers, but both fell asleep within 45 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor got up the next morning and got dressed for interning at NCIS. She walked to the kitchen and went to the drawer where the guns and badges were kept neatly. She entered the code and opened it, but froze.

Around the corner came tony and Ziva, starting their morning normally. They both stopped when they saw Taylor.

"Taylor... uh, nice to see you getting back to work so soon!" Tony sputtered. He looked at Ziva, unsure. Two weeks was quicker than most agents returned after some trauma.

Taylor stared down at her gun, remembering it being held with the gun to her back, being forced into that hotel. Then the sounds started. So real, she could've believed they were actually happening in the next room. When Ziva touched her arm, Taylor jumped away with a frantic noise.

Taylor quickly tried to cover up, pushing a stray hair behind her ear. She grabbed the gun delicately and put it in it's place, explaining herself, "Sorry, I'm just a little jumpy..."

Ziva looked unsure. "Are you sure you want to come back today? You could take another week."

Taylor shook her head. "No, I need to get back to some kind of normal. That should help... right?"

Ziva shook her head. "I don't know... but it's worth a shot. And if you're uncomfortable with it, you can always go home. We won't blame you."

Taylor nodded. She put her intern ID in it's place. She would get back to normal. That would Help.

《》《》《》

Sorry for the short chapter! I'm trying to write as often as I come up with something ;)

Don't forget to leave a comment!

Happy reading!
~Abi <3