Awake

A week later, there had been no change. Steve just lay in his bed. No sign of being present. Just... alive. With no explanation, either. The doctors had no answer for the questions Taylor had as to why her fiancé wasnt waking up.

Taylor got better at putting on a numb mask and getting her work done. She worked on mostly paperwork, a few case details. But no field work, as it wasn't deemed wise with her emotional state.

When she got the chance, she was downstairs in the gym to work out some of her stress. The punching bag became her best friend. It never fought back, it simply allowed her to vent. To release all the anger she had. At the doctors... at Emily...

at Steve....

But she found she couldn't stay mad at him for more than a few seconds.

When she was stepping out of the shower area, freshly cleaned after one of the best sessions yet, the doors to the locker room burst open. Ziva came rushing in, holding Taylor's cell.

"It was ringing" she huffed, "and ringing, so I answered it..." she coughed to catch her breath. "He's Awake."

~~~~~

I'm so sorry this chapter is so short xD

I don't know how soon the next part will be out, so I figured I'd give you guys what I have.

Happy reading!

~Abi <3