The Meeting

Sage's POV

The way i had to resist the urge to smack that look right off his face caused me to let out a harsh breathe. He seems to find joy in my stress.

Don't let him bother you.

Attempting to remain professional I send him a forced smile and take a seat beside Niko.

Scanning my surroundings me and Damon make eye contact. I seen him a curt smile, and he sends me back a goofy look making me chuckle.

Hopefully he has time to catch up after this meeting

"It just amazes me." I hear Xan start in a menacing tone automatically putting me in defense mode.

"How you show up last to the meeting being held your own building." He states raising a eyebrow at me.

The other men in the room freeze at his outburst not daring to dictate it. Niko sighs silently pleading for me to ignore his statement. As if i'd let this white man down talk me in front of all these people.

"Crazy. It also amazes me how you feel that you feel that it's you're concern. " I resort back bluntly.

Who does he think he is coming here and challenging me.

"It doesn't concern me." He grumbles clearly taken aback. "It just makes me question how the hell you're number 2 on the charts. Every other person in here showed up here before you did."

Seriously?

I scoff. "Clearly showing up earlier doesn't dictate your capabilities. That exact same chart you're referring to proves it."

The other men in the room glance in between the two of us nervously, waiting for one of us to react. Tension cracks in the air between us. 

Before he can respond Niko clears his throat indicating that we should start the meeting. This doesn't stop Xan from sending me a quick glare. I roll my eyes, and start to get comfortable in my seat.
~~~

After the meeting was over I quickly packed my things, completely uninterested with conversing with anyone. The entire damn meeting Xan was either trying to undermine my ideas or embarrass me which was childish. Lord knows I have no idea what he gains from pissing me off—quite frankly I don't care.

Too lost in my thought i bump into someone causing their coffee to spill.

"Shit, I am so sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where i was going." I apologize bending down to pick up the cup that was now on the floor.

Great, just great.

"If you wanted to touch me Sage that's all you ever had to say." A velveting voice speaks forcing my eyes to and meet his gaze.

The bane of my existence himself stood tall, looking down at me with a glint in his eye that screamed challenge. The power that this man carried around him never fails to amaze me. I've seen men and women cower at his feet.

But not me— never.

I stare right back up at him replicating that challenge.