Authority

Xan's POV

"Our flight will be coming to an end in 15 minutes."

shit.

Looking down to check on Sage, who laid sprawled out on my chest—most likely getting the sleep she didn't get last night—looked peaceful. She woke up a lot stressing, and that makes me stress.

Then to top it all off I can't do a fucking thing about it.

"10 minutes until landing."

Hearing that announcement, the woman in my arms that i've grown to love then yarns pushing herself farther into my chest.

My baby is tired.

Like hell i'll be waking her up. I have zero issue carrying her ass out this plane, and i fucking dare those flight attendants to say shit.

If I'm being completely fucking honest on my part, i'm nervous. I'm going to be meeting her mother, and from what i've heard she speaks very highly of her. Yeah the circumstance is terrible but that doesn't make the pressure any less. I don't know what i'll do if someone so important to Sage didn't like me.

The thought of her mother's condition begins to makes me uneasy.

I couldn't imagine being told i'm loosing my mama.

She's too strong for her own good, and I hate that she's going through this. I just wish I could take all her pain away.

"5 minutes until landing. Please buckle you're seats belts."

"Are we about to land?" I then hear Sage ask half asleep. She's so fucking cute.

"Yes, you can go back to sleep." She needs to sleep.

"Are you sure? I have to get off the pl-

This woman. I quickly cut her stupid fucking question off with a kiss, pushing her head somewhat gently back into my chest. She sighs in approval. The least I can do is make sure she's resting right.

I then look up to see a slightly irritated flight attendant making her way towards us.

She better not say shit.

"Excuse me sir."

I swear to God if she says a fucking thing.

"She needs to be in her seat until we release everyone from their seats."

She fucking said something.

"The plane landed si?"

"Um yes, wh-

"Well then please explain to me what her being on top of me does to interrupt this plane ride?" I question very irritatedly.

"It interrupts this plane ride because it doesn't follow protocol!" She defends in a annoying ass voice, making my baby move in her sleep.

"You think I give a damn about 'protocol' after the plane has landed?" I growl knowing one that, that's definitely not protocol, and two because i can.