Coward

(There are so many readers but only half of the comment! Don't be a silent reader let me know you're alive. Check in hereee)

Xan's POV

I awake from my nap attempting to rub the sleep out of my eyes. The moment i realize my baby isn't by my side anymore, I sigh. I've fucking told her a million times to let me know when she wakes up. Her face not being the first thing I see irritates me.

Hard-headed ass.

My eyes trail up to the ceiling as I begin thinking about exactly had transpired earlier. Sage moaning my name and begging me not to stop—my face in between her legs.

The taste of her on my lips.

Fuck. The smile that grows on my face is involuntary. A deep level of contentment flows through my body and it's all because I finally got a taste of what's mine.

Everything about her is so fucking alluring. Her body is just as perfect as her personality. I swear she was sent from heaven just for me.

Something  about the way she squirmed and reacted to my touch— better say my tongue is enough to have me wanting so much more. I'm positive that being between her legs is now one of my favorite places to be.

Spending the rest of my life submerged in her essence doesn't even sound half bad. Making her feel good and moan for me the way she did—shit.

I'm going fucking crazy. She's making me fucking crazy.

Surprisingly i'm fine with that.

My lewd thoughts leave me zoned out, and I end up completely missing how my girl stood about six feet away from me. Glancing over to her, I notice that her face was set into a hard frown. Her fist curled into a ball and the look on her face was one that I had never seen before.

Anger.

Pure anger.

But why?

Sage doesn't ever really get upset, let alone angry (unless you take her food or insult that damn dog). Knowing that i'm immediately up trying to figure out what's bothering her. I haven't done anything stupid today. Unless—

Shit.

Is she regretting it?

Panic starts to crawl up my neck at the thought that she's regretting being intimate with me. She seemed more than willing when I initiated it. Did I read her wrong? Is she uncomfortable?

My mind buzzes with different scenarios that could have brought a look like that onto her beautiful face. Honestly, I drive myself a little insane. The reasonable side of me that i've developed due to Sage, knows that I speak with her before assuming. Yet that doesn't quiet my mind.

Well I have to say something. I stand from the couch startling her a little, running my hands through my hair to hide my nerves.

"Evening baby." I bend down to place a kiss on her plump lips, happy when she returns it. "You okay?"

Sage gives me a long assessing look that admittedly makes me a bit anxious. I could tell that she wanted to say something yet she decides against it shaking her head.