Over My Dead Body

Xan's POV

Leaving the house is a very difficult task. Even more so when you have a woman as beautiful as mine wrapped in your sheets. Yet with some motivation on her part I'm finally in the car heading to the location that Dorian chose for our meeting.

Admittedly I'm a on the edge.

Dorian isn't the type to schedule meetings at pretentious little coffee shops. In fact, Dorian isn't the type to schedule meetings at all. The tabloids constantly chat about how he's never out ever. Sage tried to cheer me up explaining that it might not all be bad, but I can't shake the feeling that something is going to happen.

"We're here Mr. Kingman." Benson says as we arrive at the coffee shop. With a stiff nod, I grab my bag, stepping out of the car when Benson opens the door.

"Would you like for me to stick around Sir?" He asks once I'm fully out of the car.

I think for a moment. "Stay in the area, but you're free to look around until I'm ready." I say and he nods walking towards to driver's seat.  "Thank you." I add thinking of Sage. She's always complaining about me having no manners, and she'd definitely pinch me if she found out I didn't thank him.

Benson looks a bit surprised shooting me an genuine, "You're welcome Mr. Kingman!" before hopping into the car.

See I have manners when I want to.

Turning away from the street, I face the building that I'm almost dreading entering. Fuck. I don't let it stop me from entering the café head held high nonetheless. Appearing weak in this industry isn't an option. The moment you even seem the slightest bit vulnerable, people will flock to you like vultures.

I make my way into the shop watching everyone's eyes snap to me. Fucking idiots. Ignoring them, I search the corridor pausing when my phone buzzes in my back pocket. I pull it out to see a text message from Sage, noticing first that she's changed her contact picture. It's now her and Wolf laid on their backs on couch together. She's smiling looking beautiful and his tongue is out. I hate to admit it but these two are picture perfect.

My love <3: Hey you've got this stop overthinking.

I smile. This woman.

Thanks baby, I really needed that.

My love <3: Of course! We're in this together remember?

Fuck yeah we are. You're so perfect. I reply back.

My love <3: Don't feed into my already massive ego baby.

I chuckle. Sage was easily one of the most humble people I've ever met. Ego and her name didn't even sound right in the same sentence.

I'm your man pretty girl that's my job.

I slide my phone back into my pocket feeling lighter than I did before. Reaching the front desk I ask about the reservation, and the woman explains that it's upstairs rented out for a private event. Good. I would hate to have to deal with the speculations people might make with me and Dorian meeting with each other.

A host leads me up the steps to the table Dorian had reserved for us. I see him when I turn the corner on his phone. He looks up when he sees me approaching.

"Thank you." I say dismissing the woman who led me up here. See? Twice have I thanked someone today. I have fucking manners.

"Dorian." I greet shaking his hand and he stands to greet me.

"Xan. It's been awhile hasn't it?" He says cooly and professionaly. I nod in response taking a seat across from him.

The last time me and Dorian seen each other in person was a few years ago when some things blew up with Nicole. We had reached out to him for help, and spoke with him once for clarification on some information. It was short and easy. I never imagined I have to speak to him again after it though.