Plan

Xan's POV

I see no emotion in her eyes when I look at her.

We've been to 6 meetings together, and sat down and spoken for business about 20 times. Yet I cant seem to find anything 'sage-like' in her eyes and it's truly concerning.

After that night, I stayed up planning on how I would tell her about what happened to me, but when i see her all the words leave. She's not giving me room to start a conversation and it's stressful.

I just wish we could sit down and talk about things—what happened to her during the time period we weren't talking. It kills me to see her so unlike herself, and it hurts me even more knowing she won't confide in me anymore.

but honestly what did I expect? No one's gonna willingly talk to a ticking time bomb that's ready to explode any minute. If its in anger or tears maybe both? I haven't been sure lately.

All i know is that I have no idea what to do.

What's even worse is the fact that I can't go to Leo for advice because then i'd had to explain Ashley to him. And it's not that I don't trust him, it's just hard as it is trying to tell sage about it.

one step at a time.

Now i'm sitting here in this office of mines trying to contact that idiot of a best friend Leo, to get in here and help me with these damn papers. Lately he's been lacking punctuality which is—surprise—out of character for him. Even though he's childish as fuck he's always been great at getting his shit done so for him to be like this is questionable.

"Leo where the fuck have you been?" I ask angrily listening to him pant on his side of the line.

The fuck is he doing?

"Xannn my man— look i've been busy with things but i'm coming now." He replies chucking which makes my roll and i'm almost believing it until i'm hearing a feminine voice in the background.

"Leo baby we should go out to this new restaurant this weekend they opene-

"shhh!" He cuts off quickly.

Oh.

"Soooo-" I start sarcastically feeling a smirk creeping up on my face.

"We'll talk when I get there goodbye." He says sighing.

"Good because there's definitely lots to talk about." I reply smiling and he hangs up.

Well... that explains everything.

I don't know anything about the woman I just heard, but whatever they have going on has to be serious.

Leo's always been extremely picky but good about the type of woman he went after. I never seen him sleep around or even look at a woman somewhat inappropriate— he deemed it as disrespectful which I would agree with, yet it be quite hypocritical.

The only downside to that , is that when Leo falls he falls hard.

He had a girlfriend back when were in high-school that he was so in-love with. He'd do anything for her.