Exposed

Sage's POV

Stepping off the plane, with Xan steading me from behind we finally land back in New York. The trip back was boring for the most part, filled with me educating Xan on African American hair and the different types. He asked many questions seemingly very interested and even learned how to braid to the scalp.

Admittedly it does look a bit rough, but for his first time and him being a white man he did amazing.

After that he took it out helping me pull my hair into a messy bun before laying his head on my lap demanding, better I say pouting in hopes of a head massage. I did so happily.

Now we're parting ways seeing that I have a lot of catching up to do at work.  Xan isn't too joyful about this. As if we haven't spent an entire three days together. Forcing him to suck it up, I kiss him softly on his lips before saying a goodbye in hoping into the car with Benson.

"Where to Ms. Polyester?" The man asks politely as soon as I get comfortable in my seat making me smile.

"Polyester Productions if you don't mind." I reply watching him nod before switching gears. Then we're off.

Missing work and spending time with Xan and family is nice but not typically idea. There's just so much you miss out on when your not there at work. Especially in a workplace like mines. I feel though as if I've fallen out the loop of what's happening and that stresses me out.

So as we maneuver through traffic, I open and check every email I missed during my time off, replying to the more important ones. I sent a quick announcement that I was back in town to my work base and almost instantly a million calls were sent my way regarding business.

Did it make my head spin? Absolutely, but this is the feeling I strive for. This type of adrenaline. These three days off made me realize just how much I actually loved my line of work.

Ten minutes later we arrive at the building and I quickly make my way in, thanking Benson with a 200 dollar tip. Walking closer I noticed the press that surrounded the entrance and I silently cursed myself for not calling my bodyguards to usher me in. I'll just have to deal with it then.

Flash

The second they realize its me millions of cameras turn my way taking multiple photos and I smile at the reporters while walking in.

Expecting to hear the regular questions like "When's the next photoshoot." Or "What's the theme of the next drop." Im struck with questions that have my composure slipping slightly.

"Are you dating Xan Kingman?"

"Why were you in California with Mr. Kingman?"

"Are you two romantically involved?"

"When did the business rivalry end?"

Shit.

My first thought is simple, panicked even.

How the hell did they find out.

Yet I remain calm on the outside.

Ignoring the questions I pose for a photograph that a young woman was begging for, before quickly making my way in. My employees all greeted me with kind smiles and looks, saying it didn't feel the same while I was gone yet I couldn't even bring myself to focus on that.