Chapter 15: Acquaintance

"Ms Heather Ling," Locke acknowledges the woman in a fine silk white jumpsuit in front of him.  Confidence is all over Heather even as she walks towards them with a basket of flowers.  Though, she looks too much different from the way she seems to react as she barged in Mrs Young's room before.  Instead of looking like some spoiled girl, she looks more mature and formal judging from her stance. 

"Too much formalities, Locke," Heather chuckles.  

Heather glances with a hint of interest at Oli then back at Locke.  A smile draws on her face. "It seems I've finally met the main character of your life," 

"Heather Ling, darling.  Though, I think Locke already told you that," Heather smiles at her reddish lips and stretches a hand at Oli.  Oli shakes Heather's hand. 

"Detective Oli, at your service.  And yes, Locke told me about you.  Though, if I must say, I'm surprised my dear friend actually met a friend at a bar," Oli jokingly smiles. 

Locke, surprised at the comment, snaps a look at Oli. "Oli!" 

Heather giggles. "Oh, darling.  How I wish whatever you thought was actually what happened.  Unfortunately, that wasn't it.  Locke of course would only go to such a place if it's for a case," she said with such playfulness in her voice. 

"Anyway, I didn't exactly stand here to have a chat," Heather's voice smoothens. 

"I hope you two have already cleared things with Mrs Young.  I don't really appreciate you two keep on coming back to talk to her," 

Oli sighs. "Don't worry-" 

"Why is that?" Locke cuts Oli off. "Was there any inconvenience on her side?" 

"When you two met with her the first time, she was not herself the whole day.  I tended to her and was not herself.  She said you two are nerve wrecking of sort," Heather adjusts her hold to the basket of flowers on one hand. 

Only at that moment does Oli notice the black roses with a few accents to put a nice presentation to it.  

"The last thing I want is Mrs Young being all too frantic.  I already have this one to handle.  If only I could throw this away, she'll just throw it away again," Heather groans and sighs. 

"A basket of flowers? Who's it from?" Oli asked. 

"That's not something I would know and share, Detective Oli," Heather puts a small smile then turns to Locke.  She gives him a quick friendly smile that seems to put a lingering unknown meaning into it.  Locke may not notice it, but Oli does seem to notice that quick expression.  At that, Oli glances at Locke.  However, before Oli even got the chance to observe Locke’s face, he takes Heather closer at that. 

“Well, we don’t want to take much of your time, Miss Ling,” Locke gazes right back at Heather’s sharp eyes which seem to light with interest realizing how close they are to each other.  Oli on the other hand can’t seem to understand what is happening.

“Just call me Heather, darling Locke.  It’s not like we didn’t once have quite a night,” Heather chuckles yet as if it was drawn out smoothly from her coming out more seductive. “Anyway, I would really love it if we had that talk.  Ever since what was supposed to be my engagement, I got to be honest, I missed our very long chat,” It seems it was a given that Heather wasn’t some kind of obsessed clingy fiance who still sticks her ass to the mother-in-law.  Or perhaps, she is, but she doesn’t seem to forget how to have fun.  

Oli seems all confused with the sudden back to back flirting going on.  Or is it one-sided flirting? 

“I would be glad to have a long chat with you, Heather,” Locke answered softly yet hearable.  Oli’s jaw drops for a moment hearing some kind breathy and smooth voice from Locke as if trying to lure someone with that low-toned voice.