Chapter 4: Late Night Talks

What seems to be a good night to sleep is the complete opposite of it. It's about 1 o'clock at night. Majority of the people are supposed to be fast asleep getting themselves ready for another day of work. However, that seems to be not the case in Locke and Oli's household.

Locke is wrapped around his thick blanket like a burrito and squirming around. Eyes still closed, he finally set himself and slept on his side facing the door. However, one thing that is out of the ordinary is the door creaking open. The light seeps in and slowly hits Locke's eyes. He groans and slowly opens his eyes meeting a human figure standing by the door. Not giving a damn about it, Locke turns away from the door and continues to sleep.

"Ugh, Oli, I swear next time, I will lock the door,"

Oli opens the lamp beside the bed and kneels down on the floor. "I found something, Lockie. Look,"

Locke doesn't turn at all. "Show it tomorrow morning,"

"Just look at it, please," Oli shakes him by the shoulder. After seconds have passed, Locke pushes himself up into a half-sitting position. He leans back on the headboard with eyes still closed.

"What is it?" Locke half-opened his eyes.

Oli shows a golden coin with the same moon symbol as the one in the pen. Locke takes the golden coin and takes a moment to actually think of what it is. He blinks for a few moments comprehending what is in his hand like a kid figuring out what he's holding.

"I found it in the blazer. It has a secret pocket," Oli smiles.

Locke doesn't seem amazed by it. It's not the dead body. It's not a big reveal. It's only a token. He knows that Oli knows it as well. Locke gives back the token and lays down.

"Oli, I know you won't exactly bother me if it is something this trivial. What do you want?" Locke asked.

Oli asked and paused. She leans forward looking at Locke's sleepy face. The smile draws on her lips. "You know me too well,"

"So, what do you want?" Locke groans.

"You," Oli bites her inner cheek.

"Sure. You can take me," Locke groggily said.

Oli's eyes shot wide. Probably the first time she ever heard a ride along reply from Locke. It wasn't exactly anything serious. It was just a joke that anyone would have understood.

"It was a joke. I mean it was a joke," Locke gets up flustered by his own words.

"Okay. What do you need?" He added.

"Well, I heard that they were done with the investigation and sorted out the evidence," Oli's joyful spirit has disappeared and what seems to be talking to Locke now is a shy kind of person. Locke then knew where it was going.

"Call Lillian then," he rubs his eyes.

"I did. She said she's at home now. She told me to call someone else in the police station," Oli stops and looks at Locke with eyebrows raised. Telepathy is at its finest.

Locke drags his feet down on the floor. "You want me to talk to Calvin for you?" Locke glances at her which of course Oli smiles in return.

"Let's leave in ten minutes," Oli runs out of the room.

"Goodness, raising a child wasn't a part of my job description," Locke sighs and finally stands up.

*****

Going to the police station late at night. It's a classic thing Oli and Locke does. Often, Oli is the one who does the dig-into-the-police-station kind of thing. Locke would often be somewhere else. Somewhere else is none other than his comfortable bed.