Chapter 16: Before the party

"I LOVE YOU!" The words struck Locke like a knife through the heart as those words came out of Oli's mouth.  A fast beating heart? Probably.  A sudden stillness? Most likely.  What would one expect if their friend slash a person who may sometimes make their heart beat say those words so adorably? 

Though, that's what he thought. 

"I love you, Connor.  It looks fantastic," Oli apparently was only looking at the tailor and fixing Locke's suit.  

"A suit would look good on a man if the man itself stands with confidence.  But I can always take compliments," Connor said.  

Locke relaxes for a moment and finds himself looking at the new man in front of him.  He wears an elegant dark blue blazer and trousers that seems to fit well to his fit figure.  It then combines to his inner white polo with silk stripes on, a blue blazer pairing with the blazer, and a purple tie.  From top to bottom it fits him and would only fit him and no one else.  However, Oli would definitely agree that such a look would only fit someone like Locke.  No one else.  

Oli didn't notice looking (or rather) admiring Locke's new look for too long.  Javid's presence beside her is the only thing that stopped her from the...trance of sorts. 

Oli glances at Javid with a smile that seems to mask whatever expression she was making as she was looking at Locke. "Hello, Javid,"

"Hello, Oli," Javid smirks. 

"Anyway, what is this party you'll be attending again?" Javid walks across the room getting a catalogue binder and looks through it. 

"A charity event," Locke said, fixing his cufflinks.  Still a bit stiff from getting used to wearing too-fit clothes, but his posture is still straight and confident.

"It's a fancy charity event.  We're going incognito in hopes we find something intriguing to help us in the case," 

Locke glances at her warning and looks as if telling her to not tell at all, but Oli pays no mind.  

"Is the formal attire required or you two just thought you flaunt some beauty and brains when you get there?" Javid asked.

"It's a charity event for the rich.  Pearls of the World charity event?  I think that's the name," Oli replied.  Though, as she looks up she notices Javid's sudden stiffness.  He stops looking through the catalogue, but it wasn't long before he shrugs it off. 

"It is a fancy charity event, all right.  Well, I hope you do not plan to use that dress I gave you last time," Javid walks across to the door. 

"How did you know?" Oli giggled.  

"Do I expect you to buy a fancy dress from time to time? I don't think so.  If anything, I'll bet my money that you borrow Locke's clothes from time to time," 

Locke glances at Javid.  Probably a sudden flashback of the missing clothes case.  They look comfy, Lockie. That's what he remembered her saying when he saw her wearing his clothes.  Stealing clothes is a big no no, but it was a sight not to forget.

"Just follow me," Javid commanded.  Oli skips and follows Javid to the door. 

Locke on the other smoothes out the creases of the fine material of his suit.  Connor dusts off an invisible dust on Locke's shoulder. 

"Are you comfortable, Locke?" Connor started. 

"Yes.  It's quite comfortable," Locke answered in a nicest possible tone.

"I made it so that it's soft to touch so you won't feel too uncomfortable with it.  Though, I must say, you pull that suit much better than I expect you'll be.  Did Oli's admiration pumped up that stagnant confidence?" Connor walks over to the desk and grabs a sticky roller from a drawer.