Chapter 18: Bro Code

"My darling wife, I've been looking everywhere for you," 

"Sweetheart," 

Quite a plot twist that no one could have suspected.  Oli stands there in front of two other men and one of them is Locke.  Then the other man wearing a typical suit with hair pushed back and eyes sharp is apparently also someone she knows of as well.  The only question is...why is he here?  Why is Grey -Charles's right hand- here in this place? 

Locke on the other hand found the timing quite impeccable.  Instead of getting her out of the danger zone, he got himself in a puddle of embarrassment.  Not puddles.  Maybe a quicksand of embarrassment.  

Both men glance at each other at the situation they made for themselves.  However, before any of them talk again, Calden opens his mouth. 

"Do you know these two?" 

Oli turns to Calden then back at Locke and Grey.  Only at that moment she must have realized how it seems like she's getting her ass saved from this.  Grey is already a very obvious flag for that statement.  

“Well…of course!” 

How exactly can you escape from a plan already at its doom?  Her gaze does not leave the two gentlemen in front of him.  It would be quite embarrassing to disregard Grey.  Grey definitely just called him “his wife”.  What kind of drama can she make from this? 

Her eyebrow lit up at an idea. 

She smiles. 

This is author Oli’s little plot twist. 

She takes a few steps closer to them.  She lifts a hand towards Grey who is standing on the right.  She snakes her hand around Grey’s neck and to the back pulling him a bit closer then kisses him on cheek.  The lightest yet sweet kiss on a cheek.  Grey does not seem fazed and simply gives a faint smile with a hint of a smirk.  She lets go of him for a moment but with one hand intertwined with Grey’s hand. She hooks her other hand on Locke’s arm, gives her a sweet kiss on the shoulder then leaning her cheek on her shoulder.   

“I both know them, Mr Brambilla.  They are both my dear beloveds,” 

Calden glances at the two men with no expression at all.  Grey looks back with the same look which for some might be interpreted as an overprotective husband.  Locke on the other hand is a mix of trying to look menacing and blushing.  A bitter chuckle escapes Calden’s lips. 

“It seems you’ve already got your hands full,” Calden’s voice darkens.  Oli could not interpret what it meant. 

“She indeed has,” Grey retorted back. 

Calden rolls his eyes away and eventually leaves, learning exactly that she’s been flagged “off limits”.  That’s the only time Dong-chan laughs out loud. 

“That is some plot twist, Oli.  Loved it. Bravo.  I thought I had to drag you and run if you ever actually considered him being your escort,” Dong-chan lowers down his laughs. 

“He’s right, Miss Miller.  Calden Brambilla is not a good choice to be with especially in events like this,” Grey answered.  Oli, unsatisfied with Grey speaking, stomps her heel slowly on Grey's foot.  Grey winces at the sudden pain. 

"I told you I'll do that when I see you again," Oli glares but then steps back with a smile.

"Let's go, Locke.  I think we're done here," Oli tries to pull Locke away, but Locke stays put when Grey suddenly speaks. 

"Charles did not send me here if that's what you're thinking," Grey spoke. 

Oli turns back to him.