Memories

ғᴏʀ ᴀɴʏ ʀᴇ-ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀs, ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪs ɴᴇᴡ. ɪᴛ's ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ ɪᴍᴘʟɪᴇs, ᴀ ᴄᴏʟʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs :)

"Ryujin! Ryujin! Ryujin!"

"Why are you yelling???"

"Move your butt!" A seven-year-old Chaeryeong wildly runs into the room, tackles the slightly older girl that's sitting on her bed. "Someone new just moved in across the street!"

"Why is that so exciting?"

"We get to make a new friend! Come on, let's go say hi!"

Ryujin pouts, not in the mood to meet anyone, but it doesn't seem like her best friend is going to say no. So, she lifts her little body off of the latter's bed, adjusts the wrinkles in her shirt. "I'll go if you stop shouting everything you have to say."

"Okay!" Chaeryeong yanks her friend by the hand, pulls her outside. She makes them run down the stairs, nearly causes Ryujin to fall by tripping over her own feet due to the fast pace, but fortunately, no one is sent tumbling.

Chaeryeong continues to rush them through her home, expertly dodges every person and piece of furniture thanks to her and Ryujin's games of tag every time the Lees are babysitting the little Shin. They stop outside briefly, take a look around in search for Mrs. Lee. Soon enough, they spot her across the street just two houses down.

"Over there!" Chaeryeong points to the area, thrilled to have someone new move in who's around their age.

"But that's too far— HEY!" Again, the younger yanks Ryujin in her mother's direction, sprinting the entire way. She was going so fast, Ryujin almost stumbled once again.

Finally at their destination, an unfamiliar face gives them a concerned look. That is, until Mrs. Lee spoke on their behalf. "Oh, this is my daughter Chaeryeong and her friend Ryujin. Girls, this is Mrs. Hwang, our new neighbor."

"Hello, girls." Mama Hwang bends down a little to greet them, gently pats both of their heads. "Nice to meet you both— "

"Mommy! My hair got stuck!" A little girl with cat-eyes accidentally interrupts her mother, steps out with her little suitcase in hand, rolling it beside her as she walks, hair evidently attached to it.

"You must be Yeji." Mrs. Lee laughs along with Mama Hwang, who finds this somewhat amusing.

On the other hand, Ryujin's gaze drifted off to her left, presently fixed on the girl who had just come out of the house. She stares at her in awe, mentally swears she hasn't met anyone more adorable, and makes note of those unique eyes. She won't say it out loud, but in her head she's currently thanking her friend for bringing them out here to meet the new girl.

"Yeji, honey, introduce yourself while I chat with Mrs. Lee here." Mama Hwang instructs her daughter while she and Mrs. Lee walk to the end of the driveway to continue their conversation.

Yeji responds with a shy nod, nervously taps her fingers together, embarrassed since her mom completely neglected the fact that she literally has her hair pinched. Ryujin, as she continues to analyze the girl's features, trails her eyes down the small section of long dark hair that's intriguingly attached to the suitcase.