Feelings (Pt.3)

"Thank you for bringing me. You didn't have to."

"I don't mind, really. It's not a big deal. I'll pick you up too if you want. Maybe you can accompany me to Ryujin's after..?"

"You're going to Ryujin's place?"

"Yeji is there and we need to work on the project. Want to come with? I'm sure they wouldn't mind, I'll ask to be sure."

Jiu convinced herself that she needed this. Both girls in the same location, under the same conditions, around her. She wanted to feel the variation between the two. What better than to have Yuna come along so she could comprehend what she's feeling for both of them?

"That'd be great. So... I'll see you after?"

"You can bet on it." Jiu grinned while taking a step backward to flee the scene, surely evading a hug. Last time she was also given a kiss on the cheek. As anyone could guess, she didn't want to risk that again, not when she recalled the feelings that came with it.

After parting, the purple-haired girl made her way to the parking lot of the school. She looked up at the sky, her back leaning against her car. She contemplated the weather. It was rather bipolar lately. It rained in the middle of the day yet the sun shined within the next minute. If it weren't for the puddles of water, no one could tell.

She sighed. Today looked to be another one of those unpredictable days, rendering her a bit uneasy inside.

She shot Ryujin a text for permission, soon receiving a response. Although she intended to leave early, something made Jiu want to stay. What was the point of leaving anyway? She'd have to be back two hours later. Time would fly, wouldn't it?

Jiu waited patiently through Yuna's late morning practice, admiring her from the bleachers. She never did mind watching Yuna play. Jiu knew Yuna was talented, she's played against her countless times.

Nonetheless, today was different. Yuna wasn't her typical cheerful self and that bothered the hell out of Jiu.

Yuna couldn't participate much in practice, and Jiu noticed how miserable that left her. Seeing Yuna so upset... it made Jiu sick to her stomach. The young Shin could only practice setting and bumping with Somi and Choerry, which only lasted so long.  Once the coach called for a practice match, whatever happiness Yuna had coursing through her veins abandoned her entirely. Jiu had never seen her this way.

When Yuna moved to get out of her team's way and sit down at the bottom of the bleachers on the other side opposite to her, Jiu slid her phone into her pocket and made her way over.

Yuna didn't know Jiu stayed. She thought the purple-haired girl had taken off and would be back later. The familiar presence surprised her, one she's grown exceptionally used to over the past several weeks they've really gotten to know each other.

Jiu chose to answer her perplexed expression with a gentle smile and scooted a few inches closer, leaving very little room between the two. Though no words were exchanged for a few minutes, it was a relaxing silence. Yuna had her head rested on Jiu's shoulder comfortably and Jiu found herself not wishing for the moment to end.

It was like deja vu, only with a different person. When it came to situations like this, she reminisced in similar memories with Ryujin. But right now those thoughts didn't matter, not while Yuna was upset.

"Hey, " Jiu mumbled softly.

Yuna's eyes were closed, delighted Jiu was there. Ever since Jiu infiltrated her life, putting aside their previous interactions like their competitiveness during gym class, she's taken a strong liking to her. Actually, strong is an understatement. What Yuna once viewed as a snobby personality was actually quite the opposite.