Surprise

Currently, Yeji was at a store. She lacked some supplies after running out and her mother needed groceries for dinner.

Shockingly, as she ran the errands, she was convinced she heard a voice strangely identical to her girlfriend's.

"Did you hear that?"

"We're in a public place, you'll have to be a bit more descriptive, Yeji."

Yeji scanned the area, even spinning in a small circle to fully inspect it all. "I swear I heard her voice."

"I doubt it."

"I wouldn't mistake her voice for anyone else's." She mumbled, only dropping the topic because she couldn't see the girl with her eyes. However, as they continued to shop, her ears perked again. She's positive. The voice was much closer this time. Yeji stopped mid-walk and peered around. "I swear I heard her again. Maybe she's here. It's a possibility."

"It's an unlikely possibility. Didn't you say she was with your friends?" He raised a brow and motioned for her to keep walking. "You really are obsessed with this girl. It's like a disease."

"Shut up!" She playfully slapped the boy and bitterly ruffled his hair. "It's called love, Hyunjin. Not that you'd know."

"Whatever you say." He shrugged, then looked at his reflection through a glass door in the freezer section, fixing the mess Yeji did to his hair. "What else did we need?"

Yeji pulled out a sticky note from her pocket. "All we need left for mom is the vegetables and then we can get what I need."

"Ah, right. You mean for your corny little project because you love her so, so much." He made air quotes with his fingers. It was crazy to hear Yeji became so invested in someone, but he isn't surprised it's Ryujin of all people. In the past, she never considered anyone as more than a friend, yet her endless stories about her adventures with the young Shin were starting to make more sense.

"It's not corny!"

"The art part is."

"Maybe, but that doesn't make it any less sentimental." She huffed and smacked him a second time. He yelped dramatically. "Why do I bother with you?"

"I'm moving here, remember? You're stuck with me until we graduate."

"Don't remind me."

"Is that how you talk to the person who's helping you?" His eyes, quite similar to Yeji's, glared back at her. "I chauffeur you around, you've used my credit card to buy some of your supplies because you forgot yours, and you have me babysitting not one, but TWO cats."

Yeji shoves the two fingers he was holding up out of her face and rolled her eyes. "You drive me around because you owe me from that bet we made a year ago. I used your card to buy another paintbrush and two extra tubes of paint which are not expensive at all. The cats are emotionally significant, you should be happy I even trust you with them."

"If they're so important, why aren't you watching them? Hm?"

She flicked his forehead for asking such a ridiculous question. "Because whenever Ryujin comes over I can't have them lounging around or else she'll ask about them."

"Why are you so set on keeping it a surprise?"

"Because surprises are better. Stop asking questions."

"You made me a part of it, might as well give me every detail too."

"No. You don't deserve to know anymore." Yeji sighed. Cat eyes searched for the cart with everything they've gathered, blinking several times. "Wait. Where's the cart?"