Time to Go

Over the past few days, the girls enjoyed their time together and with their friends. It was peaceful, no disruptions to their daily lives, and they basked in it entirely.

At this moment, while Yeji was distracted with the others, Ryujin decided to cure her boredom by taking selfies on the girl's phone. She wanted to change the lock screen's wallpaper to a picture of her, the only problem was deciding on a photo that was good enough. She can't count how many times she retook pictures only to end up with another that looked identical to the last.

As Ryujin continued, something felt... off.

She turned around to see a group of students talking, but nobody was looking. Although she knew most of the students back there, no one seemed to pay her any mind.

She proceeded with her photo-taking until the same odd feeling resurfaced. Then again, if her suspicion is correct, she supposed turning around would only cause the individual to avert their eyes. So, Ryujin did the next best thing. She tilted the phone slightly, pretending she was just angling it. Easily, she catches the person.

Well, sort of. Once she turned around, the purple-haired girl appeared to play it off and gave her a thumbs up, mouthing "that's the one."

Ryujin was quick to chuckle and set that weird feeling aside. They're on the same team and, technically speaking, they're friends. No harm done. Once she flipped through the photos afterward, she noticed her teammate had even photobombed a few.

Eventually, Ryujin settled with one, setting it as the wallpaper before handing the phone back to its owner. Yeji took hold of it, unsure why Ryujin was smiling so hard when she gave it to her, then set it down on her desk.

Upset her girlfriend didn't investigate and resumed the conversation she was having, the younger tugged on her sleeve. "Yeddeong, what time is it?"

"Don't you have a phone? Check it yourself."

"Don't you have a phone? Check it yourself." The blue-haired girl mocked her friend Hyunjin, scrunching her nose. "Shush! You're not my Yeddong."

"But... didn't you just have my phone? You didn't check the time before you gave it back?"

Annoyed the events taking place aren't playing out in her favor, Ryujin pouted. "I want to hear it from yoouuu."

"Weird... but okay." The brunette double-tapped the screen to her device. "It's 11:43."

Once the screen's light faded into nothingness, Ryujin felt her effort do the same. She was a bit disappointed Yeji didn't notice the change of picture. In turn, she rested her head on the desk, bored out of her mind, and waited for the bell to ring.

For some unknown reason, Yeji furrowed her brows and felt compelled to look at her screen again. After a very delayed double-take, a cheesy grin formed and she shifted to her girlfriend. "You're so freaking cute!"

Satisfied, Ryujin reciprocated Yeji's expression. But that didn't last once Yeji heard her stomach growl.

Ryujin watched as the brunette's smiling eyes went narrow. "Have you not eaten?"

"Uhm... " She recognized this intimidating voice, one that Ryujin had experienced time and time again with the principal. It made her realize they were alike in that sense. "Maybe...?"

"Why haven't you??"

"Ooooh~ " Heejin nudged Hyunjin next to her. "Ryujinnie's in trouble."

"This'll be interesting."

Ryujin ignored Yeji's question, pestered with her teammates' behavior. "Can y'all two shut up?"

"Shin Ryujin."