Best Excuse

Hi! This is mainly a little note for past readers. Like 'memories,' this chapter is brand new. So if it feels unfamiliar, that would be the reason why lol

Bzzz!

"Hm?" The brunette hums to herself. She was patiently sitting in her seat while partaking in a conversation with Chaeryeong during the free time their teacher granted when her phone buzzed in her pocket.

 She was patiently sitting in her seat while partaking in a conversation with Chaeryeong during the free time their teacher granted when her phone buzzed in her pocket

Though the contact name causes her to smile, Yeji quickly grows confused by the two-word text. It didn't make any sense at first, but after peering around the room, she meets eyes with a particular Shin's through a small window on the door and finds Ryujin waving at her. She waves back, doesn't yet realize the athlete is calling for her to step outside the room.

On the sidelines, Chaeryeong notices both of her friends' little 'moment' and decides to help the cat-eyed girl along. She walks over to the teacher sitting in her desk chair. "Excuse me, Mrs. Park."

"Chaeryeong." The woman glances upward, then returns to typing away on the keyboard. "What can I help you with?"

"Nothing, really. I was just wondering if I may use the restroom?"

"Yes, but make it quick. We'll be starting our exam soon."

"Yes, ma'am." Without wasting time, Chaeryeong steps to her neighbor and unexpectedly grabs her hand, startling the brunette in the process. She pulls the student outside the classroom door and into the hallway with her, momentarily greets Ryujin before sauntering off to the girl's bathroom down a few doors, not forgetting to shout, "You're welcome!"

Neither girl knows who that was directed to. Ryujin prays she isn't blushing too hard, fully aware Chaeryeong would pull any ridiculous stunt if she reckoned it could benefit her chances. On the other hand, Yeji appreciated the help from their friend, even if she doesn't necessarily think she needed it at the moment.

"What brings you here?" Yeji breaks the silence, unconsciously showing deep interest. Despite the curve on her lips fading since the two partners first met stares, her eyes appear to be smiling still, clearly interested and intrigued.

"I, uh, personally wanted to wish you good luck on your test. I didn't get a chance to see you at lunch today, so I figured I could show up to your class."

"Oh~ " She bites her inner cheek, restraining her smile from stretching abnormally far. It seems the athlete has an endless supply of sweet gestures up her sleeve, and she's certainly not against it. In fact, Yeji sincerely adores Ryujin's attentiveness and thoughtful behavior. "As grateful as I am for your well-wishes, isn't your class kind of, you know, far from here?"

"Eh, that's unimportant."

"That's quite bold of you. I wouldn't have guessed you're a troublemaker." She jokes. "Do you roam the halls often?"